Emt/paramedic Pay Around The World

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
If you would like to share what you make, or what you think you should make and WHY you should make that then heres the place to do it.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
One cannot really compare salaries. The difference in cost of living makes to much difference. For example a million dollar home in CA, will costs about $200,000 here. Also rent here is about 1/8 of NYC costs.. so pay here is much lower than some other areas but again, costs of living is much, much cheaper too...

R/r 911

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
International medic salaries vary as widely as stateside salaries.

As one who has worked overseas for a few years in many different countries, I can tell you it all comes down to what is offered.

Things to consider.

RnR pay
Rnr Plane tickets
Safety
Living accomodations
Food provided?
Equipment provided
Health Insurance

Quite honestly, one of the main advantages to international work is being tax exempt. That is where we "make" our money.

If I worked as many hours in the US as I do here, I would more than double my current salary. However I do not pay for any food, utilities, I do not buy gas, I have zero expenses and I do not pay taxes.

I also have no life other than the gym and a few minor recreational activities.

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
For me, it depends on a variety of factors: If my Air Force unit deploys, then I'm not making nearly as much money as I would if I was in garrison and working full time on ambulance (the military doesn't pay all that great). If I am working full-time on ambulance, I can pick up extra shifts which adds another dimension to my pay. I s'pose on average I make between $600 and $800 a week...

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
i make about $53,000 a year with overtime...in Colorado.

BEorP

Forum Captain
I only work part time on the road but I make what is pretty much standard in Ontario at about $30 an hour (plus cash in lieu of benefits and vacation).