EMT/Medic Gamers

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Ah, I remember when my friends were testers for Avalon Hill.

Used to be some sort of status thing to be selected to test run their board games.

kd7emt

Forum Crew Member
Heh. That's awesome. I couldn't do that to my guildies. They'd be calling for blood. ;)

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Diablo II

Hal9000

Forum Captain
paper & pencil > all other rpgs :p

Yes!

Otherwise, almost completely all PC. I'll kill people on XBOX if they bring it. I play and have played a ton of different ones, such as FS2004 (Heavily modded.), Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Mount and Blade, Portal, Civ IV, Total War, Rainbow Six, Thief (All.), Carnivores (a stupidly fun game), etc.

phabib

Forum Lieutenant
I was a big gamer until school started up. Now I look at my console longingly over my book. Only two weeks till semester ends....

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Help me out gamers. I've been out of the zone for a while. Is the 360 worth the step up? I pretty much want it only for halo 3. But I have to choose between a ps3, a 360 and a wii. The kids will be playing it as well. Thoughts. :unsure:

piranah

Forum Captain
i was a playstation person.......amazing games/online play

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
My favorite game series of all time?

The Total War series. Have played every single one of their games since they started with Shogun 10 years ago.

I'm playing Empire: Total War a lot right now. Stupid Austria keeps attacking me.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Simcity 4: Rush Hour. The best game that will ever be made until Electronic Arts pulls it's head out of it's rectum and stops with this Socities knockoff bull dung. Yea, Sim city is now a pretty niche game because it's friggin complex, but hell, look at the success that games like Harpoon have. Dear God, please force EA to hire Will Wright and spin Maxis off to do their own thing? Pretty please? Hell, at the very least you could do is make a SimFarm 2. Now that was a strangely addicting game.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Ubisoft has been irking me ever since they bought the rights to Tom Clancy games from Redstorm.

The original Rainbow 6's and Ghost Recons were fantastic tactical shooters. Now the crap they are putting out is run-and-gun crap aimed at todays youth who have no appreciation for tactics, and would rather have 'awesome cool guns that shoot lots of bullets'.

Rogue Spear has kicked my butt many a time. This crap they have out now like Vegas... boring.

Buzz

Forum Captain
Ubisoft has been irking me ever since they bought the rights to Tom Clancy games from Redstorm.

The original Rainbow 6's and Ghost Recons were fantastic tactical shooters. Now the crap they are putting out is run-and-gun crap aimed at todays youth who have no appreciation for tactics, and would rather have 'awesome cool guns that shoot lots of bullets'.

Rogue Spear has kicked my butt many a time. This crap they have out now like Vegas... boring.

I will always have a soft spot for the Red Storm Entertainment games--those are what I played the most of when they came out. The graphics were under par, and the engine needed some work. They still managed to be fun and I played the hell out of them. By the time Ubisoft started making the games, I was playing through each of the older games on elite mode using only a pistol and speed-running the level doing only head shots trying for 100% accuracy.

I love the ubisoft games, though. The only complaint I really have about them is that the damage system needs work. I don't like that you could get shot in the leg, the screen show you as nearly dead, then recover completely. In multiplayer, you can get dropped, and then be revived by your teammates.

Besides, if Ubisoft didn't buy Tom Clancy games from Red Storm, we wouldn't have Splinter Cell. I love that series.

I'll miss the old game play in which you get hit once, you die, and then you sit there for the next 10 minutes waiting for everyone else that wasn't stupid and rushed in to finish the level, but these new games are still a lot of fun in quite a few ways.

I used to play a lot of PC games, but haven't upgraded my computer at all since high school. I've unfortunately run out of games to play without some serious hardware upgrades--probably a whole new PC. I've been playing PS3 pretty exclusively lately. My PSN name is Dirtdiver643.

RyanMidd

Forum Lieutenant
Holy crap.

I'm coming off a 4-day Dragon Age: Origins binge, and I'm not even halfway through the game.

I'm between contracts with lots of spare time, and this game has eaten at least 3 hours a day since Wednesday night.

Sweet baby J in heaven, do I love the games BioWare puts out.

8jimi8

CFRN
gamertag is flood8

beatles rock band

modern warfare two

UFC

Bunkie... what you have to ask yourself is, "is walking out of the store with a minimum of $700 payment ok?"

Because... that's not the end of the buying hehe.

We bought the midrange memory xbox, an extra controller, battery packs, rockband, lips (because it comes with 2 microphones), and one more game.
our grand total was just under $800. Then in the months following i've spent another @$350 on the wifi connection, xbox live, beatles downloads and a few more games.

Damn lucky i have two nursing jobs now... or i wouldn't be able to afford this expensive electronics habit... oh wait... now i dont have much time to play...

lol

Sasha

Forum Chief
Warrio's Smooth Moves for the Wii. Dance Dance Revolution, Rockband, Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, F.E.A.R, Silent Hill and the sims.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I wont lie... FEAR shocked me at times.

But the scariest game of all time has got to be Dead Space. My god, playing that game with surround sound at night with all the lights turned off is freaky.

My brother and I were playing it one night and our dog barked and scared the crap out of both of us.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
Xbox 360: Currently MW2 and Assassins Creed 2