EMT Jobs

Ldpc97

Forum Ride Along
I took my NREMT after a year of completing my course, quickly got all the certifications/licenses and everything I needed and applied for Care Ambulance in Orange County, Interview yesterday and was told today that my application process would not continue due to my “experience, skills, and qualifications” not being close enough to match the position. I obviously did not have any EMT work experience as I just passed my NREMT last month but I’ve seen people get hired by Care who also had no experience what so ever.. so what could have possibly gone wrong? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
P.s. I reached out to Care to thank them for their consideration, asked when I can reapply and if they can offer any feedback on what went wrong during my interview. I’m not 100% I’ll be able to reapply as I plan on going into the Fire Academy around this time next year. I also went ahead and applied for Lynch, Emergency, and AMR.

Avi0100

Forum Ride Along
Got the same response form CARE. on the website it says wait 1 year from reapplying.

Did you end up getting a different EMT job?

CbrMonster

Forum Lieutenant
Care/falck also is in a very tumultuous time, after years and years of attempts they finally unionized this year, they have been trying since I worked there back in 09/10ish.

They also had a 40-50% reduction in call volume when covid hit (informed by a friend who is an ops manager there) I don’t think it’s bounced back yet.

they’re transitioning from the name care to falck, I’m sure by mid next year care oc will no longer exist except in memories.

They’ve turned into another amr the family ran ******** they claim from 1969 died when the owner/dad gave the company to his kids who then pawned it off to a foreign company in 2010/11 aka falck.

if anything they are over staffed at this point from people that got hired this year and already left due to lack of hours (current fo worker told me this)

I would hit up indeed seems a lot of ems jobs but it’s a lot of covid testing which pays better than most ambulance gigs do.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Ahh Falck... The dirty bird. World's largest ems provider!