EMT jobs in Philly?

350chevy

Forum Probie
I am looking for jobs for basics around the Philadelphia area. Have a few leads but would like to know from someone that's in the area. I'd like to get a good idea of what i will have for work when I move up there in May. Thanks yall!

Minnick27

Forum Crew Member
I work at keystone quality transport. It has it's ups and downs, but I'm happy here. We have 2 bases in the city and one in Delaware county. It's all IFT, so no real emergency work

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Wait - Absolute has a Pittsburgh operation?

SARS is a good gig, if you can get in there. I've seen many friends try and few succeed.

AMR has a Philly operation (IFT), and there more transport companies than one can count. Of course, some are more reputable than others. Transcare is pretty decent, overall, too.

325Medic

Forum Lieutenant
Philly: You have P.F.D. and the I.F.T. companies.
Bucks: Newtown hires EMT'S / are you an EMT or medic. Most 911 require experience (I work for Bristol E.M.S. (Bucks County Rescue).
Montco: SARS is a good place, Plymouth: O.K.
Delco: Hires medics/
Chester: Hospital based like Delco.

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
I realize that this thread is old, but I was wondering if anyone knew what the pay range for Keystone is? My sister just got certified in PA and is looking for work.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'd guess in the $10-$12 range, depending on EVOC.

Check your PM's

Draconicwraith

Forum Probie
Thanks

Finally moved back to Philly, and found decent employment within a week. Thank you to all who responded. I was rather surprised see the pay rate no less than $12 per hour, as in Pittsburgh an experienced EMT was lucky to get $10 an hour. I do have EVOC, not sure why so many don't, and 4+ years experiance split between emergency and transport. Not sure why so many companies require 4+ years of emergency experiance, as i have had many more legitimate emergencies in the back of my truck during routine transports than actual 'emergency' calls.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hey Jon, what's a good 911 type job (or CCT or flight gig) in the Philly area... I'm so very much got the itch to move across the country... Or just to another state.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
hey jon, what's a good 911 type job (or cct or flight gig) in the philly area... I'm so very much got the itch to move across the country... Or just to another state.

Now there's a change of scenery.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief