EMT job info for resume

Gabe0725

Forum Crew Member
Morning all.
Just updating my resume & I would like to include my current EMT work info. Can anyone send me a sample of what it would look like on a resume format. Thanks!

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
You mean how you might put what you do into words? I'm usually pretty creative but I have yet to even update my own resume. Might be tricky.

-Drove around, tried not to hit stuff.
-Gurney in, gurney out.
-Gurney down. Load fat person. Gurney up.
-Tolerated nurses and ER Staff without meltdown.
-Managed not to strangle numerous noob partners
-Wipe gurney, sheet gurney.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
For one job: "Provide patient care and transportation on BLS, PB ALS, Inter-Facility, backup-911 calls"
For another: "Provided direct patient care, three 24-hour shifts a week; Supervised Duty crew of 4 EMTs, led patient assessments, made treatment and disposition determination"
Yet a third job: "Provided patient care on 911 and non-emergency calls for rural ambulance service "

I'm the concise, short and to the point type on my resume... it's just easier this way.

Good luck!

Anjel

Forum Angel
You mean how you might put what you do into words? I'm usually pretty creative but I have yet to even update my own resume. Might be tricky.

-Gurney in, gurney out.
-Gurney down. Load fat person. Gurney up.
-Tolerated nurses and ER Staff without meltdown.
-Managed not to strangle numerous noob partners
-Wipe gurney, sheet gurney.

You're an *insert profanity here*. Why do you bother posting.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
What kind of system do you work in? It varies greatly depending on the type of work you do

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
You're an *insert profanity here*. Why do you bother posting.

Try investing in a sense of humor. Then again, people seem to get upset by hearing the truth.

Also, I was helping by bumping his thread, after which more replies came in.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Try investing in a sense of humor. Then again, people seem to get upset by hearing the truth.

Also, I was helping by bumping his thread, after which more replies came in.

http://emtlife.com/faq.php#rules
Participants may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of Recent or Today's Posts. Community Leaders will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not.