EMT clothing

Code 20

Forum Ride Along
I was wondering after getting done with EMT-B training do i have to buy the clothes or are they issued free of charge? i live in the state of ohio i also wonder how do i go about running assements with fellow class mates

medic417

The Truth Provider
Depends on each service. Some provide boots, pants, shirts, and jackets. Others make you buy everything.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Clothing is issued by your employer (usually), if they do not issue it, they tell you where to buy it.

As for your classmates, ask them.

MRE

Forum Captain
I was wondering after getting done with EMT-B training do i have to buy the clothes or are they issued free of charge? i live in the state of ohio i also wonder how do i go about running assements with fellow class mates

Just to make sure you are clear, once you pass your EMT-B training you are not an EMT yet. You will have to pass a set of examinations outside of the class and then you will get your card. But wait, you still aren't there yet. You need to be a member or employee of a service, company or agency that has a licensed to run an ambulance. They will tell you if clothing is issued to you or if you have to buy it yourself. They are all different, so no one here will be able to give you a definite answer.