EMT-Basic Student

markdavis_2

Forum Ride Along
Hey All,

My name is Mark Davis. I live in Texas. I am a Current EMT Basic student at Angelina College, in Lufkin. I am excited about finishing my EMT-Basic Education and begiining my Life a a EMT:p . Just wanted to say hey to all of yall.

-Mark

disassociative

Forum Captain
HI! My name is Johnny and my favorite colour is clear! ;)

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Greetings my Marky friend- i am Borris from the Russian special ...

No ,cant keep that up,
Im Richardt from South Africa, paramedic degree student-
A warm welcome to the mostly US ems community here! Hope u enjoy our discussions and dramatic tales...B)

regards

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:) :) :) Welcome!!! :) :) :)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Welcome to EMTLife! Being a student is a lot of fun. There's lots going on and lots to learn.

Hope you stick around and keep us updated!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome! Hope you really enjoy it here. These guys are awesome!!

HFD EMS

Forum Probie
Welcome to EMTlife and the EMS....GOODLUCK!!!!!! B)

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
Hey, I'm Sara, just passed my EMT-B course/registry/stuff. :D

gradygirl

TROUBLE
disassociative said:
HI! My name is Johnny and my favorite colour is clear! ;)

No way...mine too. Well, not really.

Howdy howdy! My name is Liese and I love to shoot the boot. :ph34r:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to EMTLife - Putting the Fun in Dysfunctional since 2004.

sara567

Forum Ride Along
welcome...but run before we catch you

welcome to a life of low pay, less sleep, lots of calories, not enough exercise, and some really awesome times and even better friends.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
First of all, welcome; you're entering a world where no two days are exactly alike and you can go from boredom to anxiety-attack in the time it takes for your next call to be dispatched. Now, take a good minute and try to capture all that is good with being an EMT. Think of the excitement, the challenges, the sheer "fun-quotient", legally running traffic lights,(c'mon, admit it...) and everything else that drew you to our world. Now, put it in a bottle, cork it really tight, and save it. You'll need it for those 3 a.m. calls to retrieve the same drunk from the same gutter for the second time this week, for the patient who leans over the side of the cot and deposits their entire stomach contents on your clean pants and boots, and for the first time you have to do CPR on a two year old who was found in the bottom of the pool. Don't get me wrong, I love this job. I've done it for a paycheck (as a primary job and as a secondary part of my job as a firefighter). I've done it for free (on a volunteer rescue squad and as a volunteer fireman). I've done it in the snows of Michigan and on the beaches of Florida and South Carolina. What I'm saying is that there will be bad times and good, but try to always remember that you are out there making a difference in the lives of those who summon you for help. You owe it to yourself and others to try to always do the very best you can, and that first impressions are everything in this job. It's OK to be upset, and it's probably important that you do get upset now and then. One of my personal mantras has always been that I will quit caring about being an EMT on the day I stop caring about people. I wish you all the best, and I hope you stop back often; there is more wisdom and experience within the confines of this little corner of the Web than in the pages of any textbook. God Bless....

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm sorry for the belated post, I missed this thread! :rolleyes: Welcome to EMTLife, this is a great forum! Good luck in class and all your endeavors! :p

JDFEMS

Forum Probie
EMTB.com was MY LIFESAVER!!!!!!!!!!!! Got me through SO many late night crams.... As for EMTLife.com, this site is awesome, it's a place to vent, rant, ask questions, gain knowledge, and generally realize there are other people in the world that know what and how you may feel about a certain situation. The discussions we can't have at home with our loved ones get had here. Please make checking this board a daily ritual in your life (as it has become in mine); just the knowledge that there are people out there that have been new like you and I are (Certed Mar '06 and still boggle at the amount that I don't (and DO) know and don't realize it.) that will answer that one question you maybe didn't feel comfortable asking in the breakroom at work makes getting up and going to work that much easier. Welcome, and I hope you make use of the wonderful and caring resourse that EMTLife.com is.

Sineath02

Forum Lieutenant
haha

Miltonstapler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
Student, huh??? OK here's some advice

1. Study

2 Practice

3 ASK QUESTIONS!!!!!

Just remember, the ONLY STUPID QUESTION is the one that is NOT ASKED

Welcome to the jungle!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Wecome!!

Welcome to the world of EMS! always keep learning and always be safe. and watch a few reruns of EMERGENCY! That's when I started my love affair with EMS! KMG365!!
Hey All,

My name is Mark Davis. I live in Texas. I am a Current EMT Basic student at Angelina College, in Lufkin. I am excited about finishing my EMT-Basic Education and begiining my Life a a EMT:p . Just wanted to say hey to all of yall.

-Mark