EMT-B Students!!!

Chrissy88

Forum Crew Member
Took state exam and practicals on the 14th, won't find out my results for about 2 weeks.

I'm pretty sure I passed the written exam but I really screwed up practicals.
I got the K.E.D. for the random skills-I'm sure I made every point so that wasn't bad. I don't know why I got so nervous on the Trauma and Medical scenarios. I think I forgot to verbalize giving O2 in the Trauma section (Yes, yes I know...) which is a automatic fail even if I did everything else perfectly.
Medical-I think I may have just BARELY passed that.
I went over everything a million and one times throughout my EMT class and home, blah, oh well. If I have to retake the practical section, it's alright. I'll get over it lol.
Overall, not such a great experience.

csh89

Forum Ride Along
Havent posted anything on here and a long time, havent posted much at all. Just excited since I passed my final practical exam, now I just got to finish a couple of rides and take my nremt!:rolleyes:

RDUNNE

Forum Crew Member
Found out today that I passed the NREMT after 70 questions =)

Mario1105

Forum Probie
Hi so im Mario im 23 i start school on the 4th of jan of 2010 only prior exp i have is CPR when i was back in highschool and basic firstaid and im very excited :)

o and my ultimate goal is becoming a Medic or as far up as i can possibly go and try and get every cert possible :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrissy88

Forum Crew Member
Hi so im Mario im 23 i start school on the 4th of jan of 2010 only prior exp i have is CPR when i was back in highschool and basic firstaid and im very excited :)

o and my ultimate goal is becoming a Medic or as far up as i can possibly go and try and get every cert possible :)

Good luck :)

Chrissy88

Forum Crew Member
Whew, I'm clad I'm not the only one excited about this... Is it bad that I sometimes get excited whenever an ambulance whizzes by me on the road? :p

Haha naa it isn't :p

I hear ambulances drive by on the road near my house everyday and I think "That's gonna be me soon!" ^_^

Captn' Tuddle

Forum Crew Member
My first EMT class is on the 4th of the new year, and I've got this feeling in my gut - like the feeling you get when you're on the starting line and they're about to shoot the gun to start the race. Is this normal? :wacko::p

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
I am taking my NC EMT-B exam on Weds morning. then my Intermediate Classes begin next Monday the 11th, talk about nervous because you cant continue in our Curriculum program without your EMT-B cert.....

BearChicago

Forum Ride Along
I'm Mike, and I'm starting EMT-B classes in just a few days.

I decided on a career change because I've been out of work for almost a year now... I lost my job almost a year ago when the economy hit bottom and have managed a meager two [unsuccessful] interviews since, despite applying for countless jobs in multiple fields. So needless to say, I'm a little nervous about putting myself out there after having faced so much blunt rejection over the past year.

So... hi.

eveningsky339

Forum Lieutenant
-Sighs-

Passed everything but the Medical station. Funny.

Don't be discouraged-- nervousness can really take over a lot of students, especially during the practicals. Have you talked about this to your instructor?

I remember when I was in CNA school. It was the very first night that we were going to do a dependent feed (in other words, the resident couldn't feed themselves.) Oh, and we had to know a lot of material before we could be authorized to do a feed, I won't bore you with the details. I was so nervous that my spoon (actually it was a modified maroon spoon for combating dysphagia, but anyway) was shaking, but after a few bites I was in the hang of things, and I was not so nervous anymore.

And then there was EMT school-- didn't sleep the night before practicals. My heart was going at 200 bpm and my voice was shaking throughout the whole darn thing, but I made it.

Don't give up!

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
I passed my EMT-B state exam with an 88!!!! (The brains in my class got 92's, I dont feel so dumb now!) Woo Hoo! Intermediate here I come :D

I am taking my NC EMT-B exam on Weds morning. then my Intermediate Classes begin next Monday the 11th, talk about nervous because you cant continue in our Curriculum program without your EMT-B cert.....

Angel

Paramedic
!!!!!!!!!

I passed everything! got my Course Completion Record and I'm ready to get this ball rolling to employment!
I'm so excited
my only advice is PRACTICE practice PRACTICE....know your skills inside and out and also why to do what your doing.
now i gotta study for the NREMT

OP
OP
EMTCop86

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
So once again it has been a long time since I have posted on here. I am happy to announce I finally got a job with AMR as an EMT:D It's funny looking back at my post. I first joined this site either before or right after I had register for my EMT class. I never thought I would get to the point to where I am now. It was worth the hard work. To everyone struggling through school or trying to find a job all I can say is hang in there. Things will happen when they are supposed to happen, at least that is what I truly believe happened to me. Good luck!

spiffy

Forum Probie
I've just started EMT classes. I go to two a week, they are about four hours long. I just watched a video yesterday about airways and they went into extreme details about each part of the airway. I don't know about the rest of the class but since I never took A&P I was completely lost on what the lady was talking about. It was very technical and dry and very fast so I couldn't write down everything I was lost on... hope I will be a fast learner tho.

mct601

RN/NRP
I'm Mike, and I'm starting EMT-B classes in just a few days.

I decided on a career change because I've been out of work for almost a year now... I lost my job almost a year ago when the economy hit bottom and have managed a meager two [unsuccessful] interviews since, despite applying for countless jobs in multiple fields. So needless to say, I'm a little nervous about putting myself out there after having faced so much blunt rejection over the past year.

So... hi.

hi, welcome, and feel free to ask any questions you may have. good luck with your classes.

So we finished class right before New Years. We took practicals the following Monday and then people are visiting in Pearson Vue center in groups to take registry.

allll except ME. I got sick the night of practicals with a 103-104 fever and (obviously) couldn't go. I was willing to take the test but my instructors were concerned of the health of everyone around me lol. but since then I have no received a call back from them to schedule a makeup and they aren't answering my phone calls. its getting irritating.

mcdonl

Forum Captain
Hi. We started back in the second weekend in December. Will be doing assesments next weekend and starting ride time in Mid February!

Class is going great!

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
I'm about 1/3rd of the way through with my basic. We pick rotations in the next week or so which I'm looking forward to. We've tested over several skills just have a few more to test off on. Last night was long board/short board. I'm also in the top of the class. I go 2 nights a week. We finish in March.