EMT-B Students!!!

jochi1543

Forum Captain
Even though I'm not an EMT student can I, as a Medic student join and just say that I am totally terrified about the nearing paramedic final!? Aaah!

LOL, when is it? I'm writing my PCP/EMT-I final this coming weekend. Not too worried about passing, but hopefully I won't forget some dumb stuff at the scenarios and set myself back by like 10%, like last time, since we select practicums based on class ranking. :rolleyes:

Sasha

Forum Chief
LOL, when is it? I'm writing my PCP/EMT-I final this coming weekend. Not too worried about passing, but hopefully I won't forget some dumb stuff at the scenarios and set myself back by like 10%, like last time, since we select practicums based on class ranking. :rolleyes:

March! Oh dear god!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
How the Hades do you mix THOSE two up?

Chalk it up to 1st test nervousness?

I recanted though... I ended with the 2nd highest grade in the class. More than makes up for the large bone mix-up.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I am going thru basic again. Started Jan 5. Went thru 6yr ago, but sadly let license expire

Thanks to frequent moves when I was in the military and no continuity in military CEU tracking, I have had the opportunity/need to take the entire EMT-B curriculum FIVE times, plus the entire Intermediate curriculum. Kids, keep up with your IST and CEU's; it's no better and no more fun the second (or third, or fourth, or fifth) time around.

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Going thru EMT-B. Retaking it. I'm gonna pass it this time.

medic417

The Truth Provider
this week in basics class is emergency child birth ! woo hoo !

No biggy you just catch 99% of the time. I honestly do not know why we claim that we delivered the baby. The woman did all the work. We just catch, clean, cut, wrap, and hand to mom. Nothing to it. If you get in the 1% thats when its cheek clenching time.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
No biggy you just catch 99% of the time. I honestly do not know why we claim that we delivered the baby. The woman did all the work. We just catch, clean, cut, wrap, and hand to mom. Nothing to it. If you get in the 1% thats when its cheek clenching time.

During a 1%er you couldn't fit a toothpick.... anyway look at it on the bright side, we have to do even less for the 1%ers

medic417

The Truth Provider
During a 1%er you couldn't fit a toothpick.... anyway look at it on the bright side, we have to do even less for the 1%ers

Yup worst case you just have a long ride with your hand stuffed in the patients vagina.

dslprod

Forum Crew Member
has anyone signed up for their ride along or ER observation yet? i have mine all set for next week. this is one of the things we must complete in order to pass the course.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
has anyone signed up for their ride along or ER observation yet? i have mine all set for next week. this is one of the things we must complete in order to pass the course.

How many hours does your school require? Mine required 80 between MICU's and ER's, but I ended up doing over 100.

My suggestion is do as many as possible.

Only downside is I did all 100 in a little over 2 weeks... not including being a full time student and working a job as a manager.

It sucked.

dslprod

Forum Crew Member
How many hours does your school require? Mine required 80 between MICU's and ER's, but I ended up doing over 100.

My suggestion is do as many as possible.

Only downside is I did all 100 in a little over 2 weeks... not including being a full time student and working a job as a manager.

It sucked.

our school requires just 1 ten hour shift either on a rig or ER observation but i would like to be exposed to that stuff as much as possible before the course ends on vday weekend. im doing one ER locally and another one just outside of my town. wow u did MICU's? i gotta look into that one. can u tell me a little bit about ur experiece in that dept?

SurfMedic

Forum Ride Along
Hey all, I'm new here, 19 year old dude, started my EMT-B class like few weeks ago, just had our second module exam today. I read a little of the previous posts and saw some people talking about flash cards for the A and P, and I don't know if it has been posted already but EMTB.com is totally great for ANYTHING in the class. If you use that site, the class is soooo much easier. It's not so bad for me anyways, as I'm a nursing student in my 2nd year of college right now, and happen to be in the 2nd part of the real, anatomy and physio class :ph34r:

First exam went awesome with a 96, second one, on advanced airway techniques, got a 70. so my overall grade just hit the toilet to like an 82, barely passing. Apparently like 20 people failed out of the class today :sad:

OP
OP
EMTCop86

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Hey guys hows it going? I had a great class today, first day of lab, yay no more 8 hour lectures! Lab was fun they had 4 stations: airway, trauma, vitals, and scene safety. We have some great skills instructors that make it fun but we also learned so much. My head is still spinning from today, lol. Anyways I wanted to share this with you guys, http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=11102 I feel that it is so important that it deserved its own thread.

OP
OP
EMTCop86

EMTCop86

Forum Captain

I still have a few weeks to go before we get to that. We have to do 16 hours of clinical and 24 hours in the field. Gonna be hard with my schedule being I work 48 hours a week as it is. I have two days off one in which I go to school for 8 hours. So one day to schedule all that stuff is gonna be tough.

OP
OP
EMTCop86

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Hey all, I'm new here, 19 year old dude, started my EMT-B class like few weeks ago, just had our second module exam today. I read a little of the previous posts and saw some people talking about flash cards for the A and P, and I don't know if it has been posted already but EMTB.com is totally great for ANYTHING in the class. If you use that site, the class is soooo much easier. It's not so bad for me anyways, as I'm a nursing student in my 2nd year of college right now, and happen to be in the 2nd part of the real, anatomy and physio class :ph34r:

First exam went awesome with a 96, second one, on advanced airway techniques, got a 70. so my overall grade just hit the toilet to like an 82, barely passing. Apparently like 20 people failed out of the class today :sad:

A 96 to 70? What happened?

Moriarty

Forum Ride Along
EMT B Student

Hi everyone, I'm Alex 23 years old and taking EMT Basic near Jackson. My goal is to get into the field for a private ambulance company in Sacramento area.

We started January 20th and just got done with the legal issues. Our scope of practice, Duty to Act, Negligence DNR legislation etc.
Next week were on anatomy and physiology. I'm glad I took Anatomy and physiology right now haha. They tried to stick the whole anatomy course in one chapter! So that's what I'll be doing while the super bowl is going on.

jochi1543

Forum Captain
Mother of god, passed both of my EMT/primary care medic final practicals. *phew* :rolleyes: Now onto the written final, and then the classroom portion of the course is done...:wacko: