EMT-B National Registery Test questions?

Psyhco.138

Forum Ride Along
So anyways I'm done with EMT school, and i start the fire academy in September. But now i have to take the national registry next week. Does any body know where i can find some free online study materials for the test?

Thanks
Chris.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Many have quit recommending study guides since the release of the new computer test. There are over 3,000 test bank questions, that can be pulled up, so any review book would be futile.

What I do suggest, and from those that took the test appears to be working is to go back to your textbook and complete all the objectives in the first of the chapter. Then complete any workbook questions or scenarios, one can find.

Remember, they are only testing you on the minimum allowable, don't place much into it.

Also, YES, it is usually good the your test stops below 100 questions.

Good luck,
R/r 911

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
google.gif

OP
OP
P

Psyhco.138

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the advice I have been working through my book on stuff i'm not 100%. i was more looking for how the questions are worded and the feel of the test.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Just remember. If you get multiple choice questions of "what would you do" and the likes, the answer which has you checking the airway is the right one. Broken leg? First check the PT's airway. Diabetic coma? Check airway first.

Hope it helps! Good luck!

kcp568

Forum Ride Along
hello everyone im new to the site and had a question. i just took my national test today and it turned off after 70 questions i think i got the last one wrong does that mean i failed or what? sweating bullets here. thanks.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Check www.nremt.org today and you should have your answer. They usually have results up pretty quick. Good Luck, and let us know!

hammer328

Forum Ride Along
hello everyone im new to the site and had a question. i just took my national test today and it turned off after 70 questions i think i got the last one wrong does that mean i failed or what? sweating bullets here. thanks.

I took my test about a month ago; it was done in about 70 questions, and I passed. Other people in my class mentioned going up to around 130 questions, but I'm not sure if they passed or not. Anyways, good luck, the results will probably be up shortly!

pcbguy

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
I took mine in Tallahassee 5 weeks ago and it stopped at 70 questions. I passed.

As far as studying. I bought the knightlite study software. I studied it for week before. Then on the way over to Tally, my wife read me question after question. I can tell you it was nothing like the studying. The test is all situational based. Just remember your basics. ABC. That is all they want to hear.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Yup, in my state you gotta walk the walk before you talk the talk. In English, you have to successfully pass the practical before being allowed to take the written.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
with the new computer-based testing, is there still a practical?

Yes. Usually it is completed by your EMT school prior to you taking the CBT.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Dependent upon the state. NREMT does NOT officially have a practical exam for basic level and only have practicals for the advanced levels. Although, most states adopts their testing suggestion guidelines for practical and the NREMT will accept them. This is why most practicals are held within the school system or state appointed site.

R/r 911

emtskibum

Forum Probie
ok cool. yea, my school held the practical exam. and i take the state test in two weeks. i was just wondering if i had to go through another set of practicals if i decide to go NREMT.

DeAnna1965

Forum Ride Along
I had to take the practical skills test before the exam but to me it was harder to get up in front of someone watching your every move..:blush:. It made me a little nervous. On the exam just remember your ABC's and you'll do fine!!! ;)

Dee

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I had to take the practical skills test before the exam but to me it was harder to get up in front of someone watching your every move..:blush:. It made me a little nervous. On the exam just remember your ABC's and you'll do fine!!! ;)

Dee

Ya know, that kind of nervous is nothing compared to being first on scene with a critical patient for the first time and knowing it all needs to be right.

nightstar22

Forum Crew Member

from what i have seen, the people who only get 70 something questions pass.. when they get up into the 100s they typically seem to fail... i had 71 on mine...

nightstar22

Forum Crew Member
So anyways I'm done with EMT school, and i start the fire academy in September. But now i have to take the national registry next week. Does any body know where i can find some free online study materials for the test?

Thanks
Chris.

this is the best place i have found online to take a practice test: http://www.emtb.com/9e/registry_review.cfm
the questions are similer, and if you want to go over specific chapters, it has lots of that too.. the book they were working out of did not go with my book, but all the answers are still the same.. btw there are trick questions on the comp exam... one i remeber is: how do you start your assessment of a 2yo??
a. head to toe, b. toe to head, c. let the child play with your stethoscope, d. stand above them and talk down to them... my answer was c... just because you are supposed to gain their trust first.. i dont know if it was right but i passed.. i also noticed alot of the questions had words in them that we never even discussed... i guess those where when i was higher up on the bar!! so when i had those and then got a really simple question next, it scared me!! good luck!!