EMT-B Jobs around Ventura County, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley?

Paramagicz

Forum Ride Along
Hello Everyone,

first off I want to say that I am really excited to be part of this community and in the EMS field (most of you guys that have been in this field for a long time probably been in my current position when you first started) very excited, very enthusiastic but lost and broke at the same time (the county and DMV fees left me with pennies... :()

I live in Ventura county and just finished my course/NREMT in march, I've been looking into Life-line ambulance and AMR in the area, but it doesn't seems like they are accepting people right now.

I am open to do hospital ER too if opportunity arises.

If you guys work in these area; have you overheard anything about an opening?

Also, if some of you guys are ex-military and work in the area, do you guys know if there are employment assistant for veterans? ie: working at the VA? or some kind of government's entities? (I am open to do oversea work too)

I know it is a long shot from posting here about searching, I have already tried indeed and google but no luck. But I am still staying positive about it :D:cool:

Thanks for reading the post and your future inputs!

p.s. a little bit about myself, US Army paratrooper (sandbox qualified) lol. Now I am just a veteran with an EMT-B cert. looking to move forward to Paramedic in the near future (after a year of experience)

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Apply with AMR and Gold Coast in Ventura, whether or not they're currently hiring. Apply with AMR Santa Barbara. Apply to every LA County company you can (namely AMR, McCormick, CARE, R/M Bowers), and if you're willing to drive, Hall, Liberty, and Delano in Kern County. Not familiar but look into SLO county.
If no ones hiring nearby and you need a job, start broadening your searches. Be willing to commute or relocate eventually. Or continue to wait for a potential local spot to open up.
Hospital spots are very competitive with better hours and pay, but anythings worth a shot.
Just apply everywhere, interview everywhere, take the first offer you get. And upgrade to a better job situation when you can.
When I first started out I had a partner who commuted from Ventura to South LA. The jobs are out there, just not always nearby.

Tiger09

Forum Probie
Apply with AMR and Gold Coast in Ventura, whether or not they're currently hiring. Apply with AMR Santa Barbara. Apply to every LA County company you can (namely AMR, McCormick, CARE, R/M Bowers), and if you're willing to drive, Hall, Liberty, and Delano in Kern County. Not familiar but look into SLO county.
If no ones hiring nearby and you need a job, start broadening your searches. Be willing to commute or relocate eventually. Or continue to wait for a potential local spot to open up.
Hospital spots are very competitive with better hours and pay, but anythings worth a shot.
Just apply everywhere, interview everywhere, take the first offer you get. And upgrade to a better job situation when you can.
When I first started out I had a partner who commuted from Ventura to South LA. The jobs are out there, just not always nearby.
Do you know anything about gold coast? I take the written test in a month