EMT-B exam

Animal

Forum Ride Along
So if you get into the 120+ range in questions does that mean you have low chance of passing? Just curious.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
So if you get into the 120+ range in questions does that mean you have low chance of passing? Just curious.
No idea. I've yet to take an exam on an adaptive computer system. I wouldn't read much into it from there. It'll administer a range of questions, based on your right and wrong answers.

harkj

Forum Crew Member
I have seen people take from 70 to 136 questions both passing its really just a big "?"

281mustang

Forum Lieutenant
If you make it that far and the test gives you most of the possible questions from each section it means you're close to the pass/fail borderline. If you fail you want as many questions as possible, but at the same time if you pass with 120+ you're not very proficient with the material.

Archymomma

Forum Crew Member
Like someone stated above - I've heard of people getting more than 120 questions and passing....and less than 120 and failing.

My email from NREMT came pretty quick after the exam -- have you gotten one yet?

laura_s

Forum Probie
i did 121 questions and failed 2 of my other friends were in the 120's and also failed..everyone else was stopped in the 70's and passed..

aodem

Forum Ride Along
So.....did I Pass?

Tested this afternoon for my EMT-B and thought I did REALLY poorly. But after reading through some of the posts here, I'm not sure. I was stopped at 70 questions. Is this a good omen or did I screw up so badly the competer took pity on me and shut off?

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
120 an PASSED. This does not mean that I dont know my stuff because I went all the way to 120 questions, some people take test differently then others. An some have to go through a couple of questions in order to figure out how the test works...... Hope u passed. I thought I boomed it...The test is designed to make you walk out feeling this way.

aodem

Forum Ride Along
I PASSED!! That has to be the worst I have felt after taking an exam in my life! I actually think I was overprepared for this test and felt like I blew it because I was trying to make it harder than it really was. Best advice for anyone who is preparing for this test....#1: Dont overanalize the questions and remember your ABC's and basic assessment skills. Good luck everyone.