EMT advice on jobs

Dylan B

Forum Ride Along
So I'm a student taking my practical (EMT-b) Saturday and then my NREMT test feb. 2nd, I'm not sure where to apply after that though, should I go with AMR? Should I go somewhere else? I'm just not sure at all. Any advice? Anyone in a current job they'd recommend? ( I live in southern New Hampshire )

Last edited:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
No idea where you live, so recommendations will be limited. Regardless of where you live though, work at the place that will hire you. It's hard to be picky when you have zero experience.

OP
OP
D

Dylan B

Forum Ride Along
No idea where you live, so recommendations will be limited. Regardless of where you live though, work at the place that will hire you. It's hard to be picky when you have zero experience.
I added where I lived my bad, and good point, thanks for the advice.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Check out Trinity in the Lowell MA area. I have some friends who work/have worked there, and it seems like a really good system. If I recall, BLS goes to every single call, ALS is also dispatched to calls that sound like they will need it, and then you sort out who is transporting later. This means that you will get exposure to calls (ie patients who are actually acutely sick) that you wouldn't otherwise see very often as an EMT-B.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Doesn't AMR in Manchester run basic/medic?

In the early 90s, I was a vollie on Newmarket's ambulance. The Exeter medics had just started and the idea of calling for a medic was pretty foreign, so we frequently ran bad stuff with no ALS. Good experience, even though the "puckah factah" was high. :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Doesn't AMR in Manchester run basic/medic?

In the early 90s, I was a vollie on Newmarket's ambulance. The Exeter medics had just started and the idea of calling for a medic was pretty foreign, so we frequently ran bad stuff with no ALS. Good experience, even though the "puckah factah" was high. :)
As of a couple years ago Manchester and Nashua AMR both run P/B trucks.

JK773

Forum Probie
So I'm a student taking my practical (EMT-b) Saturday and then my NREMT test feb. 2nd, I'm not sure where to apply after that though, should I go with AMR? Should I go somewhere else? I'm just not sure at all. Any advice? Anyone in a current job they'd recommend? ( I live in southern New Hampshire )

GET MASS CERTIFIED !!!!

It will increase your pay by a few dollars. I have worked at Lifeline and one other once Merrimack NH based company that will shortly be phased out of NH hopefully....sorry for the rant anyway I now work for a MA based company Pridestar EMS. It's transfer works with back up 911 for Lowell. We are always busy and the pay increase from mass and NH was substantial. As a basic with 5 years I got a five dollar raise.

Good luck, and any updates ?

JK773

Forum Probie
Check out Trinity in the Lowell MA area. I have some friends who work/have worked there, and it seems like a really good system. If I recall, BLS goes to every single call, ALS is also dispatched to calls that sound like they will need it, and then you sort out who is transporting later. This means that you will get exposure to calls (ie patients who are actually acutely sick) that you wouldn't otherwise see very often as an EMT-B.

Trinity will hire will zero experience, you just need to pass there pretest and oral boards first