EMS TV shows

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I suppose there is....

Milla3P

Forum Lieutenant
"Broken Vessels" is a great movie. Todd Field does a great job as a burnt out LA medic. It's a little dated, released in 98, but it is the best perspective of the field, IMO. It's pretty dark, don't watch it on a bad day. You'll probably jump off a bridge.

Disk on netflix, doesn't stream.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
"Broken Vessels" is a great movie. Todd Field does a great job as a burnt out LA medic. It's a little dated, released in 98, but it is the best perspective of the field, IMO. It's pretty dark, don't watch it on a bad day. You'll probably jump off a bridge.

Disk on netflix, doesn't stream.

I've been trying to find it for download for months. Guess i might look to buy it in Amazon

Achilles

Forum Moron
EMS TV/Movies SHOWS
1.) EMERGENCY
2.) RESCUE 77
3.) SAVED
4.) TRAUMA
5.) THIRD WATCH
6.) RESCUE 911 (Reality)
7.) PARAMEDIC’S (Reality)
8.) BRINGING OUT THE DEAD (Movie)
9.) MOTHER, JUGS & SPEED (Movie)

Hope this helps ya!
What about untold stories of the ER?

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

errey

Forum Crew Member
there is an Australian tv show called Recruits - Paramedics where they follow new recruits on the job. pretty good.

Nothodad

Forum Probie
the immortal

mother, jugs, and speed.

Still the most accurate portrayal to date.

couldnt have been said any better.

Also
I don't know if they are still playing them, but discovery health was showing reruns of a show called paramedics that ran in 2000. It shows camera crews shadowing paramedic units across the US major cities. Excellent show.

74restore

Forum Crew Member
I'm actually surprised nobody mentioned this one: "In a Heartbeat" was a show about teenagers balancing school and the stresses of being EMT's for their town ambulance. It was a drama on none other than the Disney Channel. Cheesy? yes... Fun to watch? you betcha. All the episodes are on Youtube too.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
couldnt have been said any better.

Also
I don't know if they are still playing them, but discovery health was showing reruns of a show called paramedics that ran in 2000. It shows camera crews shadowing paramedic units across the US major cities. Excellent show.

I haven't ever seen that show :(it was filmed in conjunction with trauma life in the er, so each episode of paramedics has a corresponding episode of that

Paramajestic

Forum Ride Along
Is there any ems shows that can be downloaded or found on TV. I know of the usuals like rescue 911 and such, im looking for more recent ones

EMS Television shows/Movie list- 1.Emergency (TV, 1972) 2.Rescue 77 (TV,1999) 3. Saved (TV, 2005) 4. Third Watch (TV) 5. Rescue 911 (TV, Reality) 6. Paramedic's (TV, 1999, Reality) 7. Trauma (TV, 2010) 8. Bringing out the dead (Movie, 2000) 9. Momma, Jugs & Speed (Movie, 70's) 10. Daylight (Movie, 90's)

Paramajestic

Forum Ride Along
Is there any ems shows that can be downloaded or found on TV. I know of the usuals like rescue 911 and such, im looking for more recent ones

EMS Television shows/Movie list-1.Emergency (TV, 1972) 2.Rescue 77 (TV,1999) 3. Saved (TV, 2005) 4. Third Watch (TV) 5. Rescue 911 (TV, Reality) 6. Paramedic's (TV, 1999, Reality) 7. Trauma (TV, 2010) 8. Bringing out the dead (Movie, 2000) 9. Momma, Jugs & Speed (Movie, 70's) 10. Daylight (Movie)

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
I can't remember where I saw it, but there was a Canadian medical school survey done and something around 80% of the respondants admitted to "learning" medicine and medical procedures from tv.

Given the sense of humor of most med students I know, I very much doubted the accuracy of this questionaire, which is probably why I don't have a copy or reference to it, (I think it might have been in New Physician) but if it was true even 1 time, doesn't it seem like there is a failure somewhere?

I can't imagine the amount of those in EMS who may think "House" qualifies as medical education. (My wife watches it religiously and I always get questioned on what is real or not and what it is really like.)

I think the problem everyone has with trauma might be that they were expecting basically a modern emergency (and all the good that show did for EMS) and the result was not that.

If you really made a show portraying what real Fire and EMS is like, it wouldn't even get past the pilot. It would be that boring.

I dated a girl in high school whose Dad was a doctor in Philly. He told me that he had banned his residents from watching House, because some of them had made clinical or diagnostic decisions based on information they got from the TV show.

Nothodad

Forum Probie
I haven't ever seen that show :(it was filmed in conjunction with trauma life in the er, so each episode of paramedics has a corresponding episode of that

It is sort of hard to track down, but you can get a taste of it on you tube . Just type in paramedics heart attack. I have them all recorded but have been trying to figure out how to get them off a dvr.

Another good one is toughest place to be a paramedic. Is follows a European paramedic working in Violent Guatemala city, pretty interesting to see how the volunteers work there. The whole thing is on you tube.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
6upyzy6a.jpg

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
YOU MUST watch an episode of Emergency!
its essential

I was working with a 2nd Generation EMT the other day. I made an "Emergency" reference. She had never seen the show. I told her to go home and ask her dad about it. :)