Ems program wish list

webster44

Forum Crew Member
I have a week to fill out request for a grant of a couple hundred thousand.

We are a community college. EMR to paramedic. We already have several advanced sim mankins, an ambulance simulator and most models of monitors.

so my initial thoughts are : lucas, video laryngescope, camera system (to monitor simulations), cpr and aed trainers, cpap, anatomical models, rad 57, complete line of "24-7" videos

Anybody have any ideas.... Anything you think is crucial, or a wish list item for ems education program?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
Not saying that yours aren't but priority on GOOD instructors :blink:

ah2388

Forum Lieutenant
Investing in instructors who are real experts in there fields.

OP
OP
W

webster44

Forum Crew Member
Great points. Quality instructors are crucial. And not just someone who is a great paramedic, but a great educator.

But , I should have prefaced by explaining that a grant like this is for physical items and equipment. not for instructors, conferences, or even disposables ( like batteries)

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Make sure you have nice chairs. A decent project or fancy smartboard. Attached to a computer that is pretty new. If you're spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on capital improvement for a paramedic program, you need to focus on the lectures, too.

Make sure the program owns a nice camera, too, and a video camera if you are interested.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Redacted.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
W

webster44

Forum Crew Member
Make sure you have nice chairs. A decent project or fancy smartboard. Attached to a computer that is pretty new. If you're spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on capital improvement for a paramedic program, you need to focus on the lectures, too.

Make sure the program owns a nice camera, too, and a video camera if you are interested.

Smartboard is great, I use it all the time. One cool thing we do is have polling software. Every student has a remote control, then I post questions on the board in a game show format. I can then evaluate in real time material comprehension.
Yeah I really want to set up a permanent camera that can Be used to record lectures

Anjel

Forum Angel
I wish my program had equipment we were able to rent on the weekends.

We had ked boards, traction splints, long board, and rigid splints to play with. But there were only 3 available to take