EMS Dispatcher, Minneapolis, MN

WestMetroMedic

Forum Lieutenant
My service is hiring one full time EMS dispatcher. All you need is your EMT basic. Pretty good gig, excellent pay for the area, great pension, great benefits, enjoyable place to have a career.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341689379171.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341689379171.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 203

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
damn, that's pretty good pay overall. If I was looking for a job, and was willing to leave the east coast, i would definitely be applying.

And they use the Critcal, which is a great system to actually screen dispatchers before they get the job, as opposed to hiring people and finding out they can't do it.

mm505

Forum Crew Member
I'm just curious, that if you are going to hire on as a dispatcher, why would one have to have a Class D license and pass an strength & agility test.

For $20.57 an hour, I wouldn't complain, except for the union dues!

OP
OP
WestMetroMedic

WestMetroMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Although our county requires911 responses be handled by dual medic trucks, the dispatchers still can pick up certain overtime opportunities like NFL games, they can be part of the statewide incident dispatch team, and regularly spend time on the street doing both deployment training our riding with street crews about one shift a month and they are expected to perform as a regular crew member, thus the drivers license and lift test requirement.

In Minnesota, a class d license is a basic drivers license without any special endorsements.

As a bit of additional information, our system uses TriTech's VisiCAD (same system that Austin/Travis county uses) which is shared with the city of Minneapolis police and fire allowing unparalleled interagency operations when paired with Minnesota's statewide digital trunking radio system (we have gold elite terminals now but planning on MCC7500) and a computer based phone system. All in all, really nice equipment, great gig.

mm505

Forum Crew Member
Makes sense about picking up shifts PRN on trucks. I'm a dispatcher but didn't have to take any agility test. I am, however, in Advanced EMT school, so once I take the boards, I'll have to take the agility test as I'll need to work to keep my hours up to keep my EMT.