Emergency

daemonicusxx

Forum Lieutenant
I found myself feeling like i needed to spend some money. i dont know why, im still trying to sustain life on an EMS salary. but i went out to Virgin Megastore (a cd and dvd store here in Dallas) and was walking the aisles looking for something to spend on. i ran across it, it sorta lured me in, glowing and stuff. it was the first season of "Emergency!!!" haha, i had to buy it. im not much of a fan, but im sure i will be by the end of season one. :p im opening the box right now, the popcorn is in the microwave. we are set. ill talk to ya'll later. feel free to tell me if i need to skip an episode, or rather watch one more than once!!

Jimmy.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Let me know how it is, I thought about buying it too, but I haven't seen even one episode. I'll get Jay to get it for my b-day. ;)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I just saw it on Netflix.

And it is the next 2 DVD's to ship to me :lol:

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
I have to wait until Christmas- I found out it was out about two weeks ago and I am already going through fits trying to control myself. That show was my childhood! I ran around with the stupid plastic airpack and plastic red firehat- because they didn't have a black one- for three years straight. Johnny and Roy were the best!

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Wingnut@Nov 20 2005, 11:28 AM
Let me know how it is, I thought about buying it too, but I haven't seen even one episode. I'll get Jay to get it for my b-day. ;)
Um, never seen an episode, what are you? Like 20 or something? ;)

There is a void in your life that needs filled! :D

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Close enough, I'm 26. There are many voids in my life, mainly my parents fault. I'm working on filling them :p

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Red lights and sirens help fill in those little voids in my life, and the working structure fires fill in the big voids!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by hfdff422+Nov 22 2005, 02:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hfdff422 @ Nov 22 2005, 02:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wingnut@Nov 20 2005, 11:28 AM

There is a void in your life that needs filled! :D [/b][/quote]
Hey - I'm 20, and I've seen it.

Jon

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Nov 24 2005, 12:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Nov 24 2005, 12:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hfdff422@Nov 22 2005, 02:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wingnut
@Nov 20 2005, 11:28 AM
Let me know how it is, I thought about buying it too, but I haven't seen even one episode. I'll get Jay to get it for my b-day.  ;)

There is a void in your life that needs filled! :D
Hey - I'm 20, and I've seen it.

Jon [/b][/quote]
YES Jon, you however are a "special" little man....

EMTI&RESCUE

Forum Crew Member
HA HA HA HA,,,princess you always crack me up with your banter lol

squid

Forum Lieutenant
I only ever saw one episode because we have it lying around the station... why? Becuase we have a little red truck that used to be named Rescue-51 that looks astonishingly familiar.

Before you as just HOW old our vehicles are, let me remind you that pickup trucks didn't change much for about 20 years there... not until after the mid-80s at least.... :)

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Nov 30 2005, 02:02 AM
It was soooo fake..
It was TV-fried. As for fake, not so much. Yes they do more in one episode that many FF/EMS do in a month, but it was pretty realistic for what they had to work with. They used real equipment, real apparatus, real FF's (several of the regulars were and continued to be career FF's), a real dispatcher, REAL FIRE- even if it was staged. The only crappy part of the show was that Stupid Dr. Bracken and nurse McCall.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
And they had God Himself - Jim Page!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by hfdff422+Nov 30 2005, 08:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hfdff422 @ Nov 30 2005, 08:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Nov 30 2005, 02:02 AM
It was soooo fake..
It was TV-fried. As for fake, not so much. Yes they do more in one episode that many FF/EMS do in a month, but it was pretty realistic for what they had to work with. They used real equipment, real apparatus, real FF's (several of the regulars were and continued to be career FF's), a real dispatcher, REAL FIRE- even if it was staged. The only crappy part of the show was that Stupid Dr. Bracken and nurse McCall. [/b][/quote]
:eek:

BRACKETT

Here comes old Dr. Brackett,

No matter your ill, he can hack it,

He'll peer in your ear,

and look up your.... nose,

No matter your ill, he can hack it....

(The song Joe Early sings when Dr. Brackett comes into Dixie's apartment during Johnny's birthday party.) That's during the pilot episode..

Joe Early aka Bobby Troup wrote the song Route 66.. and he was born in Harrisburg.

There, that's your E! trivia for today.

You should play Trivial Pursuit with me.. I'm great with old movies, tv shows, and actor bio's.. I'd kick yer ***!

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Nov 30 2005, 10:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Nov 30 2005, 10:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hfdff422@Nov 30 2005, 08:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR
@Nov 30 2005, 02:02 AM
It was soooo fake..

It was TV-fried. As for fake, not so much. Yes they do more in one episode that many FF/EMS do in a month, but it was pretty realistic for what they had to work with. They used real equipment, real apparatus, real FF's (several of the regulars were and continued to be career FF's), a real dispatcher, REAL FIRE- even if it was staged. The only crappy part of the show was that Stupid Dr. Bracken and nurse McCall.
:eek:

BRACKETT

Here comes old Dr. Brackett,

No matter your ill, he can hack it,

He'll peer in your ear,

and look up your.... nose,

No matter your ill, he can hack it....

(The song Joe Early sings when Dr. Brackett comes into Dixie's apartment during Johnny's birthday party.) That's during the pilot episode..

Joe Early aka Bobby Troup wrote the song Route 66.. and he was born in Harrisburg.

There, that's your E! trivia for today.

You should play Trivial Pursuit with me.. I'm great with old movies, tv shows, and actor bio's.. I'd kick yer ***! [/b][/quote]
Bobby Troup also does a darn good job saying "God d**n army". Really inane trivia- can you tell me what movie that was from?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by hfdff422@Nov 30 2005, 09:17 AM

Bobby Troup also does a darn good job saying "God d**n army". Really inane trivia- can you tell me what movie that was from?
The movie "M.A.S.H." - he was the jeep driver for the docs when they went to Tokyo for chest surgery and golf.

Whkr, I seem to remember posting here once before for you to remind me NOT to play Trivial Pursuit with you. :D

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by ffemt8978+Nov 30 2005, 04:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ffemt8978 @ Nov 30 2005, 04:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hfdff422@Nov 30 2005, 09:17 AM

The movie "M.A.S.H." - he was the jeep driver for the docs when they went to Tokyo for chest surgery and golf.

Whkr, I seem to remember posting here once before for you to remind me NOT to play Trivial Pursuit with you. :D [/b][/quote]
I'm happy to see that M.A.S.H is not just a TV show in the minds of some other true Americans!

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I love M*A*S*H, it isn't a TV show or a movie, it's an icon B)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ffemt8978+Nov 30 2005, 04:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ffemt8978 @ Nov 30 2005, 04:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hfdff422@Nov 30 2005, 09:17 AM

Whkr, I seem to remember posting here once before for you to remind me NOT to play Trivial Pursuit with you. :D [/b][/quote]
No kidding.

You should have said something LAST week - I had Mash Netflix'd for my brother and just returned it :lol: