Eagle scouts?

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
Just another eagle scout trying to find others. if your out there when did you get it? are you still active with the scouts.

i got it 3 years ago and am still active as an adult leader and medic at a camp

TexasMedic

Forum Crew Member
Got mine Dec. 2002. Unfortunately I'm not active with them very much.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm stuck at Life for life. I transitioned to the adult side back in 2003.
I am currently functioning as a Unit Commissioner, as well as an ASM with one of the district troops. I also provide First Aid at District/Council events... I also am a merit badge counselor for First Aid, Emergency Prepardness, and Medicine... as well as Radio and Electronics.

However, if you are wondering about my avatar... I'm going back to Gilwell this weekend :).

EMT815

Forum Probie
I got my Eagle in June and I'm still active as a JASM in my troop.

yowzer

Forum Lieutenant
Eagle in 1994, not involved in scouts since 1996ish.

This winter I joined an explorer SAR group that's technically a scout organization, but aside from using a Scout camp as a base for most of the basic training weekends, the affiliation is a very loose one. I'm well over 21, for example, the usual cut off age for explorer programs.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Eagle in 1994, not involved in scouts since 1996ish.

This winter I joined an explorer SAR group that's technically a scout organization, but aside from using a Scout camp as a base for most of the basic training weekends, the affiliation is a very loose one. I'm well over 21, for example, the usual cut off age for explorer programs.
You are correct - 21 is the cutoff age for youth Venturers. If you are registered with BSA, you would be registered as an adult Adviser to the Venture Crew. Depending on how they function, it probably makes little difference in the implementation... just how the paperwork is filled out.

yowzer

Forum Lieutenant
You are correct - 21 is the cutoff age for youth Venturers. If you are registered with BSA, you would be registered as an adult Adviser to the Venture Crew. Depending on how they function, it probably makes little difference in the implementation... just how the paperwork is filled out.

Ventures are a different thing than Explorers, or was way back when.

*googles a bit*

Okay, looks like things were reorganized in the late 90's. We're under Learning for Life, which is an independent subsidiary of the BSA, with its own membership rules. Non agency/career-oriented Explorer posts now seem to be called Venture units, whereas once upon a time, Venture patrols were parts of normal troops made up of older kids.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Eagle Scout, triple silver palm.. Got mine the bicentennial year.

R/r 911

JPINFV

Gadfly
Eagle Scout with gold palm.

OP
OP
W

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
i didnt know we were talkin palms here all 3 bronze gold silver

JPINFV

Gadfly
Err, palms are additive, not a succession (i.e. 1 gold palm is the same as 2 bronze palms).

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ventures are a different thing than Explorers, or was way back when.

*googles a bit*

Okay, looks like things were reorganized in the late 90's. We're under Learning for Life, which is an independent subsidiary of the BSA, with its own membership rules. Non agency/career-oriented Explorer posts now seem to be called Venture units, whereas once upon a time, Venture patrols were parts of normal troops made up of older kids.
They still have the venture patrol program... they wear the troop uniform and the "venture" strip.

Some SAR programs with BSA are oranized as Posts, some are Crews... Some local VFD's have posts, and crews.

fireemslife

Forum Ride Along
got my Eagle in 2006 Bronze palm in 07