Drug reference

cointosser13

Forum Crew Member
Yesterday, I had a case where a kid swallowed some of her mother's pills. We knew the drug, but not the effects. Not till we got more information from the mom. Poison control didn't give us much information. I was wondering, are there any good "drug reference" apps? A listing would be awesome. (I prefer free ones). Whenever a situation such as yesterday comes up, I want to know what could happen to my patient.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Micromedix

Epocrates

Medscape

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I use medscape and Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics

Veneficus

Forum Chief

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Yesterday, I had a case where a kid swallowed some of her mother's pills. We knew the drug, but not the effects. Not till we got more information from the mom. Poison control didn't give us much information. I was wondering, are there any good "drug reference" apps? A listing would be awesome. (I prefer free ones). Whenever a situation such as yesterday comes up, I want to know what could happen to my patient.

Medscape and Epocrates have phone apps. But frankly, for a mere "what's this?" I find a quick Google with continuation to the Wikipedia (if necessary) page fastest.

mrg86

Forum Crew Member
I use Epocrates and it works well for what I need from it. I have also heard good things about medscape.