Driving Record...

Wiggle

Forum Crew Member
Hi all,

I've been job searching and a potential employer mentioned my driving record today...

I have one accident where I am at-fault. The situation was that I low-sided on a motorcycle and hit a guard rail. There was no other party involved, so no claim failed. The guard rail was inspected and there was no property damage claim failed either, however, it shows up on my record as an "at fault" and shows there were injuries. Although, I'm not sure how much the company cares about the circumstances.

I also have a speeding ticket.

The employer looked at my H6 and knew it would hurt my chances.

I'm curious - Does everyone in EMS have a clean record? How much do these things matter? I've been driving for 6 years and these are the only things on my record (aside from 2 other accidents here I was rear ended, and I was not-at-fault). From my point of view, these things can happen (accidents, and tickets). My record does not show a pattern of negligence and I'm hoping this rings true to the company...

Should I be concerned?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
W

Wiggle

Forum Crew Member
Another question -

Expunged tickets (ie. You did traffic school and it's not on your record)... Do you report them to employers?

Anjel

Forum Angel
I think accidents will hurt your chances more than speeding tickets or stuff like that.

I have 2points and 3 tickets on my record. Never had an issue getting a job. The places around me go based on whether or not their insurance will insure you.

However, if you live in an area highly saturated with EMTs than you will definitely have a hard time getting a job. Because if will be cheaper to insure a perfect driving record than one like yours. 90% of what we do is drive. So it's kind of a big deal.

If there is an error on your record about the injury thing than you need to dispute it.

And if something isn't on your record any more than you don't need to tell the employer about it.

OP
OP
W

Wiggle

Forum Crew Member
If there is an error on your record about the injury thing than you need to dispute it.

Thanks for the tips. The injury was to myself, that part wasn't an error. However, based on the fact that I didn't hit anyone else and there were no claims involved, can I still dispute it?

Last edited by a moderator: