Don't Get Fired For Facebook

clibb

Forum Captain
After one of my clinicals, I met one of my patients at a birthday party that one of my friends had. She added me of Facebook. I had absolutely no idea what to do since I'm really new to EMS. So I rejected and told her why, she understood.

I'm friends with one of my managers at a restaurant that I work with. She's very cool and helps me with my restaurant and ambulance schedule so it fits perfectly.
But yeah, gotta keep an eye on what you say on Facebook, because you don't know who might know who. Even though my manager is really nice and I doubt that I'd get in trouble for saying something stupid, it's still something I don't want to do because you never know!

My yeah, my aunt who is a manager at a grocery store in Sweden has fired people over stupid things they have said on Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:

MDA

Forum Lieutenant
Just don't be an idiot, and expect the things you write to be seen by potentially anyone. Plain and simple concept.

emtstudent04

Forum Lieutenant
Here is the smart answer. Do not be stupid with what you post on any site!

I agree with you, but at the sametime how can you get fired for having a facebook or myspace when your working in the EMS field, sorry not trying to sound dumb haha.

MDA

Forum Lieutenant
I agree with you, but at the sametime how can you get fired for having a facebook or myspace when your working in the EMS field, sorry not trying to sound dumb haha.

Things you post about calls, about dispatch, about coworkers, anything like that.

Rob123

Forum Crew Member
As a reminder to everyone, WE DO NOT REMOVE POSTS JUST BECAUSE A MEMBER GETS IN TROUBLE WITH THEIR EMPLOYER!

What if I get in trouble with my employer AND my wife?

WVEmt

Forum Crew Member
this why i dont post anything about work. i dont even have any of my crew on my facebook.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Here is the smart answer. Do not be stupid with what you post on any site!

Or just do like reaper and never post anything on facebook, period.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
I was at my non EMS job talking with my assistant general manager about this thread then I left the office. A few minutes later she calls me back to the office. She had logged into Facebook and she is friends with one of the cashiers and she saw the cashiers status which was very negative about her job. The agm laughed. The cashier no longer works at that job the cause was her Facebook status and not showing for her shifts.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
If one gets fired for stuff they have on facebook it's no different than getting fired for saying something stupid to a co-worker. It's just adding another medium. If you think before you speak, you likely won't lose your job over stuff you say. Same goes for this, if you think before you type, you won't lose your job.