Does Size Matter?

Remi

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
By the same token I have never once worked on an ambulance that had BVMs with a PEEP valve. I carry one in my bag of "things the old school medics won't buy for the ambulances."
That’s interesting and unfortunate. I’m pretty sure we had them on my first EMS job in the mid 1990’s and every place I’ve been since then.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That’s interesting and unfortunate. I’m pretty sure we had them on my first EMS job in the mid 1990’s and every place I’ve been since then.
My experience is the same as Tiggers. I have not encountered any agency in my area, except maybe Hall ambulance, that carries PEEP valves.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Sadly my full time job does not have vents either. Even the disposable SureVents we have at AMR can provide PEEP at least. We don't have video scopes either, so I've been using more 8.0 tubes here and honestly have not had any issues with the extra 0.5mm.

VentMonkey

Ajaw
Premium Member
My experience is the same as Tiggers. I have not encountered any agency in my area, except maybe Hall ambulance, that carries PEEP valves.
To be fair, we only have them at CCT.

@Remi I haven’t seen any in the prehospital environment out here in Cali over the past couple of decades. Maybe it’s a regional thing?...