Doctor's Ambulance

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I worked for them in the 80s. I worked with Asa Herren, the original owner at the time. I was only there for a short while. I know the family somewhat. Really good outfit, good company. Solid history, good equipment and plenty of 9-1-1. I'm out of state now but I heard from someone who worked for them until late last year that they'd lost contracts for a bunch of ORCo cities recently (in favor of CARE Ambulance, I think). Anyone know anything about this?
It is true. Faulk aka Care has about 98% of OC.

Mtnmedic

Forum Probie
Falck/CARE has almost the whole shebang? Wow. It's sad. Doctor's has been a trusted, proven company there for decades. Unless there have been some issues with Doctor's meeting performance standards or something recently. Have they been laying off people? What do they have left, besides IFTs?

Back in the day when I worked for them, we wore navy blue pants, a very pale light blue thin button-down shirt (short sleeve business shirt, not a Class B), dark blue tie and a white zip-up smock, much like MDs and dentists would wear. Did a LOT of runs in "Seizure World" but then I went to the Tustin station and enjoyed that...it was quiet. We had some good folks there at the time. Worked 24s and 48s.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Falck/CARE has almost the whole shebang? Wow. It's sad. Doctor's has been a trusted, proven company there for decades. Unless there have been some issues with Doctor's meeting performance standards or something recently. Have they been laying off people? What do they have left, besides IFTs?

Back in the day when I worked for them, we wore navy blue pants, a very pale light blue thin button-down shirt (short sleeve business shirt, not a Class B), dark blue tie and a white zip-up smock, much like MDs and dentists would wear. Did a LOT of runs in "Seizure World" but then I went to the Tustin station and enjoyed that...it was quiet. We had some good folks there at the time. Worked 24s and 48s.
I think they have one sliver left. Torrance went McCormick and theres a huge brewhaw about that. Care aka faulk had a controversy not long ago about the monopoly, McCormick at the last bid meet for oc was the only one to stand up and oppose cares wins. Jems did an article. It all seemed to be swept under the rug. They now run east LA and are looking for more. I predict Schaefer, AMR etc will lose out the way faulks going and than hopefully will see the old goodhew/amr effect where the county will stop it and the bubble will burst.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
OC is currently under way for a whole new EOA bid. Only the companies who participated in the first go around are allowed to rebid.

ResRednek

Forum Probie
It's not a full re bid to my understanding. It's a revaluation of the initial bids to verify all is fair and what not. And the fault of monopolizing the counties lies on OCFA that's why they weren't apart of the bidding process from all the articles I had read

EMSMEDIC

Forum Ride Along

AMR owns Doctor's now... AMR seems to be keeping that pretty quiet.

ResRednek

Forum Probie
From what I heard for Orange County CARE has everything except for Placentia, Yorba Linda, and Brea, which Emergency kept.