Doctors Ambulance or CARE in orange county?

captjerry

Forum Ride Along
I just got my start date for CARE ambulance at the end of the month, but also have an interview with Doctors ambulance next week. I was wondering if anyone can give me insight about which company they believe is better. I really want to get more 9-1-1 experience and understand that it could be up to 6 months before i get that with CARE, while Doctors you jump right into it...If you work for either company, let me know what you think.

Anonymous

Forum Captain
as of right now you will have plenty of opportunities to get 911 experience with CARE but with all of the recent hiring that may be changing soon.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
Nah, you can pick all the 911 shifts you want and private cars get 911 calls all the time. They meant it would be 6 months till you can get on a 911 only shift.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Moved to appropriate forum.

jbnus2

Forum Probie
Curious...does anyone know how long the background takes at care...Ive waited about 2and half wks....I thought it would only take about a week....and i have a start date of the 16th....but still I havent heard back.

Sako887

Forum Probie
@jbnus2, you should have heard something by now. I went in for the physical, drug test, etc. 2 weeks ago and I received a call 3 days later saying I got the job. I start orientation on the 16th as well.

bchasep

Forum Crew Member
i was suppose to start the 16 also, but i have a fire reserve meeting on the 17th soo they changed my start date to the 30th. good luck guys!

bchasep

Forum Crew Member
nope not yet, but my interview was only a week ago and i just turned in all my required paper work on tues, soo should hear from them soon. i wouldnt worry about it too much

Sako887

Forum Probie
yeah I wouldn't worry about it either. We're still working on it is better than sorry you didn't get the position

jbnus2

Forum Probie
Thanks...cant help but wonder why it is taking so long.

Last edited by a moderator:

erodriguez1236

Forum Crew Member
I am also waiting to hear back, I tuned in all my background and physical last week, when I called they told me that I might know by today or tomorrow!

erodriguez1236

Forum Crew Member
OOOOHH man, Im super stocked just got the call I was hoping for, I start on the 16th. Anyone else starting on the 16th?

jbnus2

Forum Probie
I called today...they said they are finishing up paperwork...I dont know if thats good or bad?