Do you sport a favorite pen?

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Zebra F301 is my favorite pen to use.

Durable clip cause I'm always breaking plastic clips. - Check
Fine Point - Check
Writes extremely well on a PCR - Check

They're my favorite pen. If I can't have my Zebras I'll go with a Pilot Easy Touch. I only know these models because they are sitting right in front of me :D

Epi-do

I see dead people
As long as it has black ink, and it works I am not that picky. However, I did manage to get a hold of 2 or 3 of these, that I absolutely love. Since I am left handed, when writing in the truck at night, I get a shadow if I just use the overhead light in the truck. These provide just enough light that I don't have to worry about not being able to see what I am writing due to the shadow.

7011_detail.jpg

Of course, now that we are doing ePCRs, it isn't really much of an issue for me.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
True story: Back in the early space race, the US was working hard to cover all details. Seeing that in zero gravity pens wouldn't work, the engineers spent millions designing a pen that would.

In Russia, of course, they had the same problem, however, they thought a little out of the box and issued their cosmonauts pencils!

Oh my word.....I love it! THAT right there is American inginuity at it's finest. Of course you can't argue that the space pen doesn't get the job done. And well. And in some cases even where a pencil won't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like those cheap little click style ball point ones like they hand out at auto repair places and car parts stores. You know, the kind with no cap. Just a clicker on the top and a clip on the side. But I can't find them for sale anywhere. Guess I'll have to visit NAPA more often.....

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Oh my word.....I love it! THAT right there is American inginuity at it's finest. Of course you can't argue that the space pen doesn't get the job done. And well. And in some cases even where a pencil won't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like those cheap little click style ball point ones like they hand out at auto repair places and car parts stores. You know, the kind with no cap. Just a clicker on the top and a clip on the side. But I can't find them for sale anywhere. Guess I'll have to visit NAPA more often.....

those are the kind I steal from my school. :blush:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I looked at space pens... holy heck they're expensive!!!!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Mmmmmhmmmm.........Hence the free ones that I liberate from NAPA, U-Haul, and Hometown Rentals and Chainsaw shop. All in the name of community service and better patient care of course!

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle

The "real" one is about $50. They have some that are in the $5-10 range now. Yeah, that's a lot for a disposable pen, but it's a pittance for a good pen - compare with the $1500+ Mont Blancs out there. :)

I like gel pens just fine, myself, but I do own a space pen. When I refereed, I used to carry the bullet model to keep my score cards with - they write in the rain without smudging, and at any angle.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
My partners, he always seems to have one as opposed to me and it always seems to write. :)

I'm a pen clepto, I steal everyones, not intentionally. I can never find one when I need it, then when I get home I seem to have accumulated 10 or so.

Oh well....

Medic744

Forum Captain
My partners, he always seems to have one as opposed to me and it always seems to write. :)

I'm a pen clepto, I steal everyones, not intentionally. I can never find one when I need it, then when I get home I seem to have accumulated 10 or so.

Oh well....

Im kinda that way. When I worked in a Dr office I used to take home a ton that the drug reps would bring. I have a problem when it comes to pens though, I love having a ton in diffrent colors and styles. No joking I prob have around 2000 pens around the house, yet at work and in my car I couldnt find one if my life depended on it.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
Im kinda that way. When I worked in a Dr office I used to take home a ton that the drug reps would bring. I have a problem when it comes to pens though, I love having a ton in diffrent colors and styles. No joking I prob have around 2000 pens around the house, yet at work and in my car I couldnt find one if my life depended on it.

The funny part, I throw them in a box at home I brought them in a while ago and everyone claimed their "lost" pens. :)

Medic744

Forum Captain
If I borrow one while on a call the person who owns it will hunt me down as soon as the call is over an reclaim it. They know it wont make it to the next call.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Free pens from drug reps. My favorite is this bright yellow one advertising some prenatal vitamin. I work in an OB-GYN clinic. Funny story...

I used to always have this Yaz (birth control) pen, and then I lost it. The other day in my sociology class I saw some random guy using it. It took all of my willpower to not stand up and yell "THAT IS NOT YOUR PEN UNLESS YOU HAVE A VAGINA!"

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
I heart gel pens with a bold tip. I hate writing with light ink. I am very neurotic about my pens, too.. If I for some reason don't have my bold tip pens I whine until we can stop at CvS or something.

pilot-g2.jpg

I use very similar pens. Uni-ball has a pen with a similar design. I prefer to use the 0.5 tip. I also buy those blue bic pens that come in the 10 packs for 2 bucks. Those are for my partners that need a pen or I have to write on something that will eventually be photocopied.

TomInOregon

Forum Ride Along
I have somewhat recently started carrying a Sharpie with me everywhere. I'm planning to change that to a Stainless Steel Sharpie soon and I'm trying to figure out which ball point pen to carry.

Tom

trevor1189

Forum Captain
I keep a pen in the pocket of my coat which I sometimes wear. Otherwise I use one on the ambulance (when there is one).

Manic_Wombat

Forum Crew Member
I think I am gonna splurge on one of the 8$ rubberized space pens. I was at an mva the other day in nearly sub zero temps, and all the papermates and bics in the clipboard refused to write more than two letters outside in the freezing cold. I had to memorize the patient info then write the PCR in the rescue. It sucked.