DL-51 and Vision

heavenjoans7

Forum Crew Member
So I took the examination and the nurses took my vision test with and without glasses and Doctor said I was bad with both, but they did do the test pretty far away like 10 feet and he also said I have had the glasses for too long(2 years) so he told to me to go get new glasses. I see fine. I don't agree with him, it's not like in the DMV where the chart is close and it's easy to see. And, some letters are confusing, the F looks like a T.
I don't think it's fair and I don't have money or insurance to go get glasses.

How was your examination and what do you think I should do?

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Umm, the Snellen eye charts are pretty standard, so I don't see how letter can look confusing unless you legitimately have problems seeing. Also, the administration of the exam in not rocket science. Can you correctly read the letter or not. Therefore, I don't see how you disagree with the doctor.

I think you should find a way to get a more appropriate pair of glasses, as it is a danger to yourself and everyone else on the roads if you cannot pass the bare minimum vision requirements.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sounds like your script is out of date. Work some extra hours at whatever job you have and get your eyes checked.