Digital Voice Recorders

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Does anyone use a voice recorder for class? If so, do you have any recommendations on a model or brand? I am looking to get one but I do not know very much about them.

My Pathophysiology teacher does nothing but lecture for 4 hours every class.... no notes, no study guide, nothing :wacko:

JPINFV

Gadfly
My school audio/video records our lectures with a program that also records what is being displayed on the podium computer (thus the power point slides).

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
i use my iphone's recording capability sometimes

OP
OP
VFlutter

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
i use my iphone's recording capability sometimes

How well does that work? I have an iphone but didnt think it would record was well as an actual recorder

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
How well does that work? I have an iphone but didnt think it would record was well as an actual recorder

I mean it's nothing like a ZOOM pro sound recorder but it does the job.. Wouldn't pay more to buy a dedicated recorder. Plus when you sync your iPhone, the audio files get synced to iTunes

Last edited by a moderator:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Make sure to ask the instructor/professor's permission before recording. Some schools don't want their content recorded, and you might find some professors to be touchy.