Did i mess up will.i get fired

Summit

Critical Crazy
@MackTheKnife the OP is receiving the responses seen here because of their overall established attitude and history in this thread and in others

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
@MackTheKnife the OP is receiving the responses seen here because of their overall established attitude and history in this thread and in others
Thanx. Not familiar with the poster. Appreciate it.

FFEMT91

Forum Ride Along
I do not understand why you think giving aspirin for chest pain is a bad thing, it is a blood thinner... However, I would leave it for ALS to administer anything else along those lines as you said pt is already on them. Chest pain would've been my first question, why did you not ask sooner? Also, how can you rule out cardiac issues? Can you interpret a 12 lead? I know I sure as hell can't, although I've never been formally taught.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I do not understand why you think giving aspirin for chest pain is a bad thing, it is a blood thinner... However, I would leave it for ALS to administer anything else along those lines as you said pt is already on them. Chest pain would've been my first question, why did you not ask sooner? Also, how can you rule out cardiac issues? Can you interpret a 12 lead? I know I sure as hell can't, although I've never been formally taught.

Have you read the original post? You might want to before you post on here. He gave ASA to a 88 year old female who fell and has swelling and bruising around her eye AND is guess what? On blood thinners. Not a good idea to give a fall patient who already is on blood thinners more blood thinners. Plus the type of chest pain he described doesn't even sound cardiac related, it sounds muscular related.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I do not understand why you think giving aspirin for chest pain is a bad thing, it is a blood thinner...

Chest pain is an indication to administer ASA, if the chest pain seems to be (1) cardiac in origin and (2) not otherwise contraindicated. In this case, we can probably debate whether 1 is true or not (I would lean towards not), but 2 is clear - they're already anticoagulated and are bleeding...that would tend to mean aspirin is a bad idea.

Inspir

Forum Crew Member
Blood thinners are not a contraindication in our protocols for giving ASA for ischemic chest pain.

Excerpt:

• ASA must be administered even when patient:
    • states that they have already taken their prescribed daily dose
    • is currently taking blood thinners(e.g. Plavix, warfarin)

I've seen its here a couple time so to be clear. ASA is not an anticoagulant, it's a antiplatelet.

Say G

Forum Crew Member
Blood thinners are not a contraindication in our protocols for giving ASA for ischemic chest pain.

Excerpt:

• ASA must be administered even when patient:
    • states that they have already taken their prescribed daily dose
    • is currently taking blood thinners(e.g. Plavix, warfarin)

I've seen its here a couple time so to be clear. ASA is not an anticoagulant, it's a antiplatelet.

Does it say anything about trauma patients that fit in the category of elevated risks (>65 yoa on anticoagulants) that could be suffering from internal hemorrhaging?

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
1qhHSA8.jpg