Diabetics Stay Away!

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Not totally EMS related since there were no injuries, but yummy nonetheless.

Streets Are Paved With Chocolate

GROVELAND, N.Y. - Part of a highway in the Finger Lakes region was closed for five hours Thursday evening after a tanker truck crashed, spilling 45,000 pounds of slippery liquid chocolate that hardened.

State Police said there were no serious injuries in the crash shortly after 5 p.m. A road grader was used to scrape the northbound lanes of Interstate 390.

Truck driver Bert Nestlrode, 46, of Ephrata, Pa., swerved to avoid a deer, the truck rolled over and the tanker split, police said. He was treated at a hospital for cuts and bruises and no tickets were issued.

The syrup also covered a bridge and a car on another road below. The truck, from M&M Mars. Co. in Elizabethtown, Pa., carried liquid used to make milk chocolate.

"It smelled like a Hershey bar," Groveland Fire Chief Lloyd Butler said. "There was a lot of chocolate, but no peanuts."

Posted from the NY Daily News:  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/newsreel/

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
that would be very intersting to see. The only thing we get around here is cow poop!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Great story! I can just hear it over the radio:

Unit 1: Radio 1
Dispatch: Go ahead 1
Unit 1: Unit 1 is requesting Fire to respond with flares, ten bags of marshmallows, and some graham crackers. Go ahead and upgrade them to a priority 1.

:D

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by MMiz@Nov 11 2004, 01:48 AM
Unit 1: Radio 1
Dispatch: Go ahead 1
Unit 1: Unit 1 is requesting Fire to respond with flares, ten bags of marshmallows, and some graham crackers. Go ahead and upgrade them to a priority 1.
Unit 1: I think we Smore man power here. and have them bring the torch and a case of marshmallows.