Detroit's Latest Joke

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
The disciplined medic was interviewed IN BED, in ZIPPER JAMMIES??? My 5 yo thinks he's too big for one-piece zipper jammies.
I would kill for a onezee on those really cold nights, especially when I was in upstate NY.....

actually, i think the reason he was dressed like that was because he called out sick from work, hence all the niquil and tissues. also why the interview was in his bed (which was a little awkward....). If he had been all dressed up, the chief would have tried to reprimand him for calling out sick when he wasn't really sick. It's probably more of an intentional act than anything else.
Worked there for years: Yes you get shot at, i had two trucks shot in 3 years. Yes anything of any worth will be stolen. You will end up fighting at least once a shift. People have been executed on stretchers, in hospitals etc... It was common to just be driving and find a shot up car full of ppl, drivebys, fire bombings, etc... Its a complete warzone! Add in all the normal runs ie suicides,mi,strokes, dib/sob, its enough to make a provider insane or more often turn to drugs or booze. But I loved it! The experience gained was second to none
not for nothing, as much as it sound like a great resume builder, and some good experience (as well as just a little bit of fun), based on what you just described, plus all the news stories that Charlie LeDuff shows, I can honestly say if you paid me $250,000 a year, I would still say that it's not worth it. and I'm shocked anyone wants to work there, and those who do work there haven't moved on to better places.

Last edited by a moderator:

hogwiley

Forum Captain
I lived in the city of Detroit for a year, arguably the worst year of my life. Every time I think it cant get more effed up, im proven wrong.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
The whole story line in the recent Batman movies where the "bad" guys want to destroy Gotham. In reality they are good guys and the city is Detroit. That city needs to be shut down.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
"I think what the fire department should do is point those hoses right at headquarters and clean the whole joint out." haha pretty cool reporter.

Whoever was complaining about the Paramedic's 1 piece pajamas... I would totally rock a pair of those bad boys. My question is, where the hell did he find the adult size?

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I love Charlie LeDuff. His stuff is great.

And I want a onesie. Perfect for winter camping.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I love Charlie LeDuff. His stuff is great.

And I want a onesie. Perfect for winter camping.

I do too! Meijer sells them for women lol

Achilles

Forum Moron
The article is a little vague, it doesn't say what his punishment is.

hogwiley

Forum Captain
Remember the movie Escape from New York? Too bad Detroit isnt an Island. Maybe they could build a moat around it.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Well I guess JEMS of a hold of it :ph34r:

7887firemedic

Forum Crew Member
After the blanket detroit event, commisioner austin stated all charges against jeff were dropped. He also said things would not have progressed that far had he known about it

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Detroit really just makes me

Jerry-Mouse-Facepalm%255B1%255D.jpg