Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) DMAT Paramedic

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Was that your first background check? I found out there was a second one after you get assigned to your unit. So my first 4 month long FBI one came back as I reported earlier in the thread. I got assigned a unit and got paid a few hundred bucks to take some training and orientation but I'm undeployable because there is a second check once you get to your unit! "RHS check". So ridiculous I think its been like 2.5 years since I started this process now haha.
It was just the first one with the FBI. So guess I have a second one coming. Do I have to go to the Dr for the RHS check?

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
No. Its just second check. I'm not even sure what it is they are checking Been waiting months for mine to come back. I still get paid to go to trainings but I'm undeployable

PotatoMedic

No. Its just second check. I'm not even sure what it is they are checking Been waiting months for mine to come back. I still get paid to go to trainings but I'm undeployable
Weird. Well I will see what happens. I will get something within 30 days and we will see what happens after that. Though paid training sounds nice.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
For sure. I'll update here once I'm deployable

PotatoMedic

Any of you hearing about these temp spots being turned into permanent intermittent spots? Hoping it is true and that use new folks get it as well. Side note. Got my official offer and start date a few days ago.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Ya I got the letter that my 2-year spot is now a permanent indefinite position. Got it this morning. Completed my online COVID 19 training for a whopping 2 hundreds bucks!

PotatoMedic

Here is to hoping my temp position will convert to a permanent position!

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Update: Found out that second check I'm waiting on is not another background check but an RHS Readiness Health Screening. They sent me a paper this morning, to sign that says I'm healthy and consent to a health screening online. Will see how long that takes to clear...

PotatoMedic

I really feel like this process is being accelerated. As I've had my swearing in date or whatever this phone call will be, moved up twice.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
You can look into state teams as well. MO-DMAT is taking days, not weeks, to hire people.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Update on this. Got my RHS cleared a couple days ago. I'm now only waiting on uniforms.

PotatoMedic

Woohoo! I just filled out my RHS yesterday so just waiting on that to clear.

PotatoMedic

They are hiring paramedics again. And I'm still waiting on uniforms 😅

They are also hiring RN's RT's PA's providers and one other group of people that I can't remember.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Yes I saw that. We got an email stating we had to buy our own uniforms haha. I'm still waiting on an ID card.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
So far. On boarding has taken 2 years and 4 months and is still not done (ID card required, still waiting).

- 12 months to process the initial application and get a tentative job offer
- 16 months and counting of onboarding paperwork, training and logestical processing.

This is a new record for me!