crazy weather

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I can't believe the weather around here lately. 3 days ago, it was freezing. And right now, at 1:16 central, its thundering and lightening outside. And its about 50 degrees. Seeing as this is headed NE, anyone in the Michigan area, prepare for some really cool light shows. Theres sky to ground lightening and spider lightening too. I've got a farm field behind my house, so I've got a great view all this cool lightening. Sorry none of this is EMS related. With all the lightening, it could turn out to be. ;) :ph34r:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Phridae@Mar 7 2005, 02:19 AM
I can't believe the weather around here lately. 3 days ago, it was freezing. And right now, at 1:16 central, its thundering and lightening outside. And its about 50 degrees. Seeing as this is headed NE, anyone in the Michigan area, prepare for some really cool light shows. Theres sky to ground lightening and spider lightening too. I've got a farm field behind my house, so I've got a great view all this cool lightening. Sorry none of this is EMS related. With all the lightening, it could turn out to be. ;) :ph34r:
Weather reports say we in SE PA will be seeing that rain soon, as well as 60 degree temps today.

(Be nice to find out if the A/C works on my Co's truck ;) )

Jon

Summit

Critical Crazy
The saying we have in the mountains is "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes or drive a quarter mile." That can literally change the weather from horizontal blizzard whiteout to sunny and is extremely common.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Well the start of spring is coming and the threat of severe weather will continue to rise. Anyone who lives in "tornado alley" knows to watch out when warm fronts come with a cold one right behind it. It's usually a sign of some fun times ahead.

Chimpie
Advanced Storm Spotter
Four hours NWS Radar Training
Former Storm Chaser
Certified Nut Case

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Mar 7 2005, 12:08 PM
Well the start of spring is coming and the threat of severe weather will continue to rise. Anyone who lives in "tornado alley" knows to watch out when warm fronts come with a cold one right behind it. It's usually a sign of some fun times ahead.

Chimpie
Advanced Storm Spotter
Four hours NWS Radar Training
Former Storm Chaser
Certified Nut Case
AH HA!

Someone other than me with his head in the clouds, so to speak :lol:

I've done the basic SkyWarn training once, never got a NWS Number. I need to re-take it again when I can.

I'm loosly involved with Mt Holly's Skywarn group, as I do ARES / RACES here in Chester County.

Jon
N3VZG
EMT-B (-P wannabe)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I believe I've done the basic 4 times and the advanced 3. I was then invited to attend the 4 hours technical radar training when it first came out. That was pretty cool. Been to the NWS office numerous times for special invites and they were even going to let me teach a few of the classes. But then I moved to Florida and, well, besides the hurricanes there really isn't any severe weather there.

I was also a member of ARES/RACES as well as the Communications Coordinator for the county EMA. They actually put me in charge of the entire county for a weekend once. If anything happened in the county I was supposed to be in charge. What a mistake that would have been. LOL

Now I'm just an unemployed wanna-be-whacker.

OP
OP
Phridae

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by Chimpie@Mar 7 2005, 04:46 PM

Now I'm just an unemployed wanna-be-whacker.
I'm just an unemployed wanna-be-...............<---(Insert career here)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I've taken the basic class twice and actually was the first one to spot an actual tornado while out spotting for the FD.

Speaking of crazy weather, we are now under an "Ashfall Advisory" until midnight here because Mt. St. Helens burped an ash cloud.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Mar 9 2005, 02:26 AM
Speaking of crazy weather, we are now under an "Ashfall Advisory" until midnight here because Mt. St. Helens burped an ash cloud.

Cool! :D

If the medical field didn't work out I would have been a meteorologist (sp?)

EMTstudent

Forum Lieutenant
The weather is crazy here too. The other day it was 80 degrees, sunny and breezy. Now it's in the 40's, cold, rainy and really windy.

I am hoping that the warm weather is coming soon. I hate the cold. Thank goodness it doesn't snow here. :huh: