Copies or Originals?

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Does the NREMT require copies or originals of ConEd certificates? Does it matter? I scan all of mine in so I have them digitally.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Copies work for them.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Neither. There is a specific section your training officer needs to fill out and sign. Tabulate all your hours and place them in that area and don't leave any blank lines. The only copies is needed for CPR and ACLS (basic) as well as copy of a refresher.

Make sure your CPR and ACLS does not expire before the end of March as well.

R/r911

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Neither. There is a specific section your training officer needs to fill out and sign. Tabulate all your hours and place them in that area and don't leave any blank lines. The only copies is needed for CPR and ACLS (basic) as well as copy of a refresher.

Make sure your CPR and ACLS does not expire before the end of March as well.

R/r911

Rid, we were only given certs, signed and dated by the director of the institute and the medical director. What "specific section your training officer needs to fill out and sign" do you speak of? Can you please be more specific. Thank you.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
On the NREMT renewal form there is a specific portion that has one to list their CEU's. In fact it specifically states "Do not send in copies of certificates unless audited". It has lines drawn with separation of date, topic, type of information (lecture, lab,etc). The total and then on signatures there is a place for the director or supervisor. Also on the front of the form there is a place for one to place the name and contact information of your training officer.

The reason I am so familar is because I have had to fill out 20 forms this last week.

Could not copy all of it but here is the link to the registration form.
http://www.nremt.org/nremt/downloads/2009EMTbasicform.pdf

R/r911