Continuing Education

mrpotatoe30

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone! So basically my story is that shortly after I got my EMT license I had about a year of Active Duty. So as a result im cramming to make up for the CE hours, due to my work schedule I don't have a ton of time to do CE hours. I did do a swiftwater rescue course when I got home, would I be able to use that for CE hours? Also for my job school in the military I did Hazmat Ops, with PPE and SCBA use, would I be able to use those as well? Thanks

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
If you're looking to recert your NREMT a refresher course would be your best bet as that covers 24 of the required 72 hours total. I just went thru the process not to long ago. Long story short the refresher class got canceled and I had to do 72 yes 72 hours of CE's total. If you have the amount of time that I had (approx. 4 months) you can knock it out. However save yourself some headache and take a refresher so you'll only have to do 48 hours of CE's.

Edit: I just noticed that you didn't mention NREMT. My state (CA) and county require 24 hours of CE's OR a refresher course along with a skills competency verification form and a current AHA CPR card.

Last edited: