Colorado

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
The market is tough. Colorado is a hot place to live and young aspirational people are moving in from all over the place. I don't think the advice you've gotten has been unreasonable.

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
You said you applied, and hit roadblocks. The roadblocks were explained. I posted mostly to encourage you to get all the certs out of the way so as to not waste your efforts applying to positions that you will likely be passed over for. Guess I should have been more clear. Also a word to the wise, getting a little snarky with the people that actually have the leads is not how to get them.

If you need a job now, you could do worse than this place: icareambulance.com. The name is lame, the work is probably not the best, but they pay better than most of the other privates and allegedly take care of people.

I could have been more clear in my post. I've only hit one roadblock, nothing was mentioned of lacking any particular credential. Only that they had passed due to me still being out of state, were still impressed with my experience and encouraged me to reapply in a future hiring.

I've just started to apply at other places, have not heard from any as I only just applied this weekend. So it remains to be seen how not having one certification at the time of application fares. I have noted on all applications the date of the course I'm taking.

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
I don't think the advice you've gotten has been unreasonable.

I don't think it is, I'm just pointing out the applicant's perspective. I've been on both sides of the hiring process. Hiring is objective and subjective. I don't think its unreasonable to suggest that the objective factors of the process be clearly articulated.

Last edited:

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
I don't think it is, I'm just pointing out the applicant's perspective. I've been on both sides of the hiring process. Hiring is objective and subjective. I don't think its unreasonable to suggest that the objective factors of the process be clearly articulated.

Okay, believe whatever you wish.