Cloud file services for EMS instructors

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
To all the instructors and coordinators of EMS: do you have a preferred cloud based platform for disseminating information and content to your staff? We are looking at using dropbox, but i didn't know if anyone had any better experiences with google drive or another (free) cloud based file storage and distribution system.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
To all the instructors and coordinators of EMS: do you have a preferred cloud based platform for disseminating information and content to your staff? We are looking at using dropbox, but i didn't know if anyone had any better experiences with google drive or another (free) cloud based file storage and distribution system.

All the instructors at my place use Dropbox and the JB learning app

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I use Dropbox just because Ive had it forever and really like it, but Google Drive has basically all the same functionality, and since practically everyone already has a Google account, it's probably a better, simpler option than Dropbox.

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
Dropbox is easy. Google Drive is more secure-able. If you are a non-profit, and only have up to 50(?) users, the free google Apps is a pretty good option. You can also set up storage space under Aladtec, if you use their scheduling system. For a while we used a passworded subdirectory on our primary web site, which works, but was a hassle to administer.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Dropbox is easy. Google Drive is more secure-able. If you are a non-profit, and only have up to 50(?) users, the free google Apps is a pretty good option. You can also set up storage space under Aladtec, if you use their scheduling system. For a while we used a passworded subdirectory on our primary web site, which works, but was a hassle to administer.

We use aladtec for scheduling and that's about all its good for. The forms and shared stiteage kind of suck. Dropbox is much easier.

FiremanMike

Just a dude

My IT coordinator tells me that Mango Apps is the way to go. I've not had a chance to look at it yet, but sounds like it might be what you're looking for.