City Trauma Care

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
To address the question of how to deal with uncontrolled bleeding. This should really be in it's own thread.
But, you the trained medic has ascertained an A bleed. Extremity, as required. Torso, I refer to where I got that name.
For the lay person, whatever works. Just don't stick your finger in the hole unless you want to become an integral part of the patient, have the nurses gown and mask you, and you want to have an up close and personal view of a trauma surgery.
Yeah, no one is getting gowned and going into the OR just because they put their finger into a bleeding wound.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
To address the question of how to deal with uncontrolled bleeding. This should really be in it's own thread.
But, you the trained medic has ascertained an A bleed. Extremity, as required. Torso, I refer to where I got that name.
For the lay person, whatever works. Just don't stick your finger in the hole unless you want to become an integral part of the patient, have the nurses gown and mask you, and you want to have an up close and personal view of a trauma surgery.

Those are certainly all words.

I would absolutely stick my finger in a hole if that's what is required to stop a bleed.