Central/South Calif EMT's

LostViet408

Forum Crew Member
I'm not sure, but I think it's around 8.95-9.50$? If you got questions, it's a good question to ask her when shes done interviewing you. Plus you don't make a lot when starting but she said that's why you have a lot of overtime. They have 24, 12, 10, and 8 hour shifts, each shift there's different pay grade for them. 24 hours are people who've been there along time who has priority on those shifts. Mostly likely i think you start on 8's. But if you got more questions about the company, write down your questions and ask her when she's done interviewing you, it's always good to ask questions from the interviewer because it shows that your interested in the company and that you want to grow within the company. Good luck on your interview!

LostViet408

Forum Crew Member
Well she showed me the pay scale after I asked how were the shift hours. So that's how I found out lol

Last edited by a moderator:

CalMedic

Forum Probie
Your paychecks without OT as an EMT will be around 1000 maybe as a medic at Hall your looking at around 1400.
But if you relocate to Bakersfield well its cheap as heck to live there because your in the armpit of california and well it smells just like it.

You will most likely start on a 12hr shift there are only a few 8hr shifts and only 2-3 10hr shifts a ton of 12 hour cars and 24 in the outlining areas which include Lametro, Arvin, Taft, Shafter, Fraizer Park, as well a East Kern stations which there are about 6 most of the stations run 2 rigs and takes about 1 year to 2 years to get onto the outlining areas. But you can get to Lametro pretty quick they get pulled into Bako all night long. :rofl: