CCP-C renewal by exam

nshaver2

Forum Ride Along
Hello, I am a paramedic working for a non-critical care agency, who is looking into taking a critical care course and hoping to take the CCP-C test. I am currently thinking of taking this class for general knowledge and my own enjoyment. My department will pay for the class but cannot guarantee available funds to keep me current on CE and the renewal course that is required (can get very expensive to renew if department can't help me with the cost). I know you can re-certify by retaking the test and then not having to have the review class and CEs. This is what I currently do for my NREMT every two years. Retaking the NREMT exam for renewal is one thing, however I am sure the CCP-C is much more difficult. I am just curious how many of the CCP-C and FP-C out there that aren't currently with a critical care agency re-take the test to stay current. Is this a realistic plan? Thank you.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Lenoir community college is offering a critical care course that is approved for 180 dollars. I believe it is 240 hours of education so enough for a recertification.

OP
OP
N

nshaver2

Forum Ride Along
Lenoir community college is offering a critical care course that is approved for 180 dollars. I believe it is 240 hours of education so enough for a recertification.
Thanks. I will take a look at that as an option. $180 is definitely doable.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Also keep in mind that the FP-C/CCP-C are 4 year certs and now your normal 2 year certs.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
I retake the exam every 4 years because I am a freak, and like to see what kinda updates to the exam there are. That being said I am practicing in critical care. The main reason I chose to just retest is retesting vs. recerting by con-ed are roughly the same price, and with con-ed you have to attend/watch a 16 hour refresher class vs. with retesting you don't have to. If you're confident you can pass the exam again I say just retest. I am also pretty crappy at tracking my con-ed, so there's that....