Cataldo Ambulance

dpopkin

Forum Probie
i took the cataldo test today i did horrible i froze on the practical part i feel like an idiot now

OP
OP
E

emtjoe10

Forum Probie
back

so its been a while since i have been on here.. i took the test it was semi-difficult. the map reading sucked. lol. but again not bad. the thing is i failed my practical portion, i had an infant cyanotic, unresponsive and not breathing who ended up in cardiac arrest and no one in the family spoke english , i got flusterd and the guy testing me kind of kept throwing diffrent situations at me. well needless to say i failed the practical portion but was invited back to retest the practical. I didnt due to another job offer but im applying to atlantic now so lets see what happens .:unsure:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Err... you might want to take them back up on that retest offer. Cataldo owns Atlantic Ambulance.

OP
OP
E

emtjoe10

Forum Probie
Atlantic

Yea ,thank you, I'm aware of that, that's why I'm hoping I can retake the practical at this time. It was the end of April when I last took it.

andyman0291

Forum Ride Along
does anyone know what the will or will not hire as far as cori check goes? when do they check the cori? before or after you get a job offer?

thanks

Thanach

Forum Crew Member
They check before the offer, and as far as I'm aware it's a case by case basis depending on what it is and how lon ago it was. My best suggestion would be to be olen and upfront about it with HR

patriot1212

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, I'm taking the Cataldo exam next Wed. I was just wondering if you guys had any advice on the practical portion. Is it just one scenario based question or is it all different stations like the state exam?

Thanach

Forum Crew Member
The bls exam I'm not sure, I know it involves CPR with an aed and assembling an u2 tank and bvm

As for the ALS it's five scenarios in their mock ambulance sim lab type thing

patriot1212

Forum Ride Along
I'm taking the BLS exam. Thanks for your help. I'm a little nervous, I took the class almost a year ago but this is the first job I've applied for because of other work and school... so I'm a little rusty

EMTRyan88

Forum Probie
Did you get in? Because based off the time of your post you probably took the same pre hire test I did.

nemedic

Forum Captain
Without making another new thread about the exact same topic (though to the CLs, if i need to inorder to be in compliance with the rules, i will), i recently managed to get a slot for the pre-hire test at the end of the month. I was just wondering if anyone had taken it recently, and if the format is still the same (practical with CPR/AED and BVM/O2 bottle assembly, written test w/albuterol protocol and map reading, and the HR interview later. If not, any insight about any changes?