Cataldo Ambulance Hiring Open House

brs23

Forum Probie
Well I was there today and I think it went pretty well, guess I'll find out in a week or so.

nydgenga

Forum Ride Along
Has anyone heard back yet?
Sadly, I haven't heard anything just yet. Somewhat nervous.

The more I think about it, the worse I feel about this. I'm starting to question decisions that I made during the practical. :wacko:

brs23

Forum Probie
Sadly, I haven't heard anything just yet. Somewhat nervous.

The more I think about it, the worse I feel about this. I'm starting to question decisions that I made during the practical. :wacko:

Yeah, not hearing from them had me overthinking everything too. I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one that hasn't heard back yet though.

nydgenga

Forum Ride Along
Yeah, not hearing from them had me overthinking everything too. I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one that hasn't heard back yet though.
Through the power of snooping on these forums, I see that it tends to take them a long while to get their act together for contacting people. I had thought that I overheard the lead guy tell a few people that it would only be a few days, but perhaps I misheard. I didn't get the same speech as others, though. Perhaps they were ALS.

SuperScarlett

Forum Probie
Through the power of snooping on these forums, I see that it tends to take them a long while to get their act together for contacting people. I had thought that I overheard the lead guy tell a few people that it would only be a few days, but perhaps I misheard. I didn't get the same speech as others, though. Perhaps they were ALS.

I thought I heard him tell someone it would be "about a week"...so we could definitely hear from them in the next day or so. I've been overthinking everything like crazy, too, but the nice thing is I'm pretty sure they'll be contacting EVERYONE, not just the people who passed, so we won't just be waiting indefinitely for the call that never comes...

brs23

Forum Probie
I thought I heard him tell someone it would be "about a week"...so we could definitely hear from them in the next day or so. I've been overthinking everything like crazy, too, but the nice thing is I'm pretty sure they'll be contacting EVERYONE, not just the people who passed, so we won't just be waiting indefinitely for the call that never comes...

Yeah, I think you're right. Just hope it doesn't take too much longer to hear back. I'm wondering if I shouldn't call on Monday if I haven't heard anything by then.

SuperScarlett

Forum Probie
Yeah, I think you're right. Just hope it doesn't take too much longer to hear back. I'm wondering if I shouldn't call on Monday if I haven't heard anything by then.

I was thinking Monday as well, maybe Tuesday. Its that fine line between "people who follow up on things are good" and "um we said a week, doesn't this kid listen?"

Plus there were at least 25-30 people in my session and who knows how many in the other, they obviously have a fair amount of candidates to review.

brs23

Forum Probie
I was thinking Monday as well, maybe Tuesday. Its that fine line between "people who follow up on things are good" and "um we said a week, doesn't this kid listen?"

Plus there were at least 25-30 people in my session and who knows how many in the other, they obviously have a fair amount of candidates to review.

I was thinking the same. I think there were about 25 people in my session as well (I was in the afternoon session).

SuperScarlett

Forum Probie
I was thinking the same. I think there were about 25 people in my session as well (I was in the afternoon session).

I was in the afternoon session too. I ran into a couple morning session people in Dunks, I think they said they had about 30ish? But I really don't remember...I was in freakout mode at that point.

nydgenga

Forum Ride Along
I was in the afternoon session too. I ran into a couple morning session people in Dunks, I think they said they had about 30ish? But I really don't remember...I was in freakout mode at that point.
I was in the morning session. We were packed pretty tightly. Someone was sent out to find more chairs at one point. When I walked in (a mere five minutes before the appointed time; damn traffic), I nearly died at how many people were already there. <_<

brs23

Forum Probie
I was in the morning session. We were packed pretty tightly. Someone was sent out to find more chairs at one point. When I walked in (a mere five minutes before the appointed time; damn traffic), I nearly died at how many people were already there. <_<

I sat in my car in the parking lot for a while (I got there wicked early) and when I got in there, 15 mins early, there were only 3-4 seats left open.

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
When I took it they said you should hear in about a week. I think I took it on a Monday. I had not heard anything from them and it was bordering on 1 week and a half to two weeks. I called and they scheduled the interview right then and she said she was still calling people for interviews. So it may take a little more than a week. They have 1 hr person and I think an assistant. Hopefully you all passed. If anyone has any more questions you can PM me.

SuperScarlett

Forum Probie
When I took it they said you should hear in about a week. I think I took it on a Monday. I had not heard anything from them and it was bordering on 1 week and a half to two weeks. I called and they scheduled the interview right then and she said she was still calling people for interviews. So it may take a little more than a week. They have 1 hr person and I think an assistant. Hopefully you all passed. If anyone has any more questions you can PM me.

That definitely makes me feel better...I'm just hoping I passed, the guy doing my practical told me I looked like my eyes were about to roll back in my head. Very reassuring...

brs23

Forum Probie
That definitely makes me feel better...I'm just hoping I passed, the guy doing my practical told me I looked like my eyes were about to roll back in my head. Very reassuring...

Yeah, I agree, thank you. I think I'll give them a call on Monday.

SuperScarlett

Forum Probie
Yeah, I agree, thank you. I think I'll give them a call on Monday.

For those who are still waiting...I just gave them a call to follow up. The woman on the phone said that the test results weren't in yet and that they would be in probably later today or tomorrow. She said phone calls/emails would be going out by the end of this week. I'll probably follow up again on Thursday if I still haven't heard anything.

Good luck everyone!

nydgenga

Forum Ride Along
Woo! I got my results!

I wish to offer you congratulations on passing both portions of the Cataldo Ambulance BLS pre-employment exam. Your test results are valid for one year. A Human Resources Representative will be in contact with you should there be an appropriate opening in the schedule. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions.

^_^