Cataldo Ambulance Hiring Open House

Steam Engine

Forum Lieutenant
Just got this in an email today...hope this helps!

[EMTs & Paramedics Full/Part Time

Flexible 911 & Transfer Shifts Available

TWELVE 911 Emergency Contracts

Competitive Benefit & Pay Packages

Contracts with TOP Medical Centers

18 Locations throughout Greater Boston and the North Shore Area

SEPTEMBER 7th: 2 pm - 9 pm

THE WESTIN WALTHAM HOTEL
70 THIRD AVENUE
WALTHAM, MA 02451

Please visit the employment section of website to complete questionnaire and register before pre hire

On The Day of Pre-Hire Test Please Bring:

1. Application
2. Certifications

3. Copy of Driving Record

Additional info is available at www.cataldoambulance.com

See you on September 7th[/I][/I][/I]

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Looks like a good outfit.

emt-slick

Forum Probie
Just got hired... There were about 20 people in my orientation class and the instructor said they took about 50 percent of those who applied and passed the test so you have a good shot right now.

brs23

Forum Probie
Just got hired... There were about 20 people in my orientation class and the instructor said they took about 50 percent of those who applied and passed the test so you have a good shot right now.

What does the testing involve?

emt-slick

Forum Probie
written test which includes multiple choice, a couple narratives, and a map reading part, then the practical where they give you 3 scenarios and you go through everything.

OP
OP
S

Steam Engine

Forum Lieutenant
FYI- open house is now September 22, 0830 or 1300 at 25 Eastern Ave, Malden. Contact Erica Robertson at 781-873-4348 to pre-register.

brs23

Forum Probie
I'm registered for the test. Anything else I should know/expect when I go in? The only thing she told me was to bring my credentials and a copy of my driving record. I meant to ask but (of course) forgot, should I be dressed as though I were going to an interview or is it more informal? Thanks!

brs23

Forum Probie
I saw people dressed for an interview but I wore a t shirt and jeans for the test

Thanks, I think I'll probably go for business casual, I hate feeling under-dressed for these kinds of things.

I'm from the south shore so I'm not too familiar with the metro Boston and north shore areas, anything specific I should study to prepare for the map portion?

emt-slick

Forum Probie
Just know how to read a map it's easy the street names are in the bottom corner of each page and you just follow the grid to find the street.

brs23

Forum Probie
Just know how to read a map it's easy the street names are in the bottom corner of each page and you just follow the grid to find the street.

Oh ok, I was thinking more along the lines of "driving from x to y, what would be the fastest route" kind of thing.

emt-slick

Forum Probie
That's what it is I meant if you have trouble finding the streets they are listed in the bottom right so you use the grid to find them. They ask you to find the quickest route to x hospital from y street. Just find your way tO the nearest main street and you will do

brs23

Forum Probie
That's what it is I meant if you have trouble finding the streets they are listed in the bottom right so you use the grid to find them. They ask you to find the quickest route to x hospital from y street. Just find your way tO the nearest main street and you will do

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant...I was just thinking they wanted to know if you knew the route off the top of your head.

CobraIV

Forum Crew Member
written test which includes multiple choice, a couple narratives, and a map reading part, then the practical where they give you 3 scenarios and you go through everything.

Is this a Cataldo thing where they test you or is this most ambulance companies? A girl told me she applied at Armstrong & Fallon and failed the lifting test I believe it was 120lbs? 130lbs?

Thanks!

emt-slick

Forum Probie
Lifting tests I believe are required by all ambulance companies. It was part of my pre hire physical at the doctors. Different companies do different stuff as far as pre employment testing goes. Some companies just call you for an interview and that's it but others like Cataldo require you take a written and practical test. If you can't lift 120 lbs then how are you going to carry a stair chair or lift someone on a stretcher?

CobraIV

Forum Crew Member
I don't have a problem with lifting 120lbs

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader