Career EMT/Medic/FF

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Does anyone, or is anyone, a career EMT/Medic/FF?

When I say career, I don't mean that you work for a public service. I mean you've been doing this since you were young, and intend to keep on working until you're 60.

I only ask because I wonder how some of the medics I work with do it. Whereas an older FF can man the truck, or act as a supervisor, in private EMS there isn't such luxury.

What's your long term? How to you plan on getting there?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Long term goal - RN school and then do interfacility transports..

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Long term, this then medic then RN, maybe PA. Then I plan on getting rich and retiring young to travel.

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Definatley long term for me too. I have never left, even when I was working as a cop. Now I am off the truck and teaching full-time I am remotivated to learn everything I can get my hands on.

Guys like Rid make me envious of their knowledge and I aspire to have knowledge like that.

A friend made a comment to me recently......... as a medic I was able to help hundreds, maybe thousands of people over my career on the street. Now as an educator I will be able to help hundreds of medics help hundreds or thousands of people. Way more than I could ever help alone.

I am in till I croak. EMS has always fed my family.