CARE Physical Test in Orange County, CA

wtferick

Forum Captain
I really appreciate your help, with the date approaching so fast I'm starting to feel the pressure! Again, thanks for everything and I hope to see you out there!
If you are 21+
I would highly suggest to apply to Emergency Ambulance out in Brea. They train top notch employees in my opinion.

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
If you are 21+
I would highly suggest to apply to Emergency Ambulance out in Brea. They train top notch employees in my opinion.
Thanks very much for the compliment. I'd agree. I really think we do have some top notch EMTs.

Arviragus

Forum Ride Along
Re: Note. Don't bother. It won't put you over the top if you're borderline, and if you passed, it doesn't matter. They aren't forced to interview you. BTW, the paperwork emails HR sent should've told you you'll get 4 of 6 Registry/Skills scenarios. Don't worry about it. The skills are straightforward. You should already know how to do a head to toes rapid assessment, backboard, SAMPLE and OPQRST, how to stop bleeding, when/how to oxygenate, etc. The written test is general EMT knowledge; stuff that should be in your head since EMT school, like CPR compressions, why/when to use a BVM, typical pulse and heart rates, plus it's multiple choice so the answer is staring back at you. If you pass, you'll have a time frame to do your FEMA classes (online) if you haven't already, take the physical test and get other things done. Sooner you finish those tasks, sooner you'll get into the next upcoming two-week orientation. Easy. You got this.

Hey man, thank you! Just got an email saying when the next orientation takes place for CARE Ambulance. Does this mean I got the job and I passed all the pre-employment testing? Wondering when/if I should put in my two-weeks at my current job soon.

@wtferick

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
If you are 21+
Thanks for the referral wtferick. FYI, we've changed practice a little and have now opened up a few attendant only positions for candidates who are under 21. We're still hiring, actually like every other provider we're always hiring.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I’m not sure what the question is, but with most companies once you get your conditional they send you to a clinic for the physical where they’ll do vitals, vision, physical exam and urinalysis.

If you don’t have your DOT card they’ll get you one there.