CARE Ambulance

bryanpearl

Forum Crew Member
JHey everybody!​
Another question for everyone. I've been researching potential employers in the area I'm trying to move to (Southern / Mid Cal) next year, and I found CARE ambulance. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with them and if they have any advice for the interview/hiring process.

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
Care is one of the better privates in SoCal if not the best. I have never worked for them, but have had friends who have and they all had good things to say. That being said, you are still a BLS ambulance that is at the beck and call of the fire department. Some of the fire medics have large egos and pretty much view you as an ambulance driver, while others view you as an important part of the team.

You said SoCal or mid cal? Where is mid cal were you thinking. The ambulance companies in Central California and the Central Coast are all ALS providers running first in ALS with medic/EMT staffing. They are the better bet for both experience and career development.

OP
OP
B

bryanpearl

Forum Crew Member
Probably more like socal.. I was just curious is all. If anyone knows the pay scale for an experienced EMT-B please let me know.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Probably more like socal.. I was just curious is all. If anyone knows the pay scale for an experienced EMT-B please let me know.

If you're lucky, Probably $11.00 an hour.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
$11/hr is on the upper limits of starting pay for an EMT in SoCal. There are a lot of companies that start off at $9/hr.

terrible one

Always wandering
Whaaat how the heck do you basics live out there??

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=39826

Pay was answered in your thread a little while back. As everyone has stated EMTs in SoCal (la/oc) make very little money especially when considering the high cost of living in those two counties. If you can go to central CA opposed to SoCal you will make more and live cheaper. Not to mention the much better EMS systems/companies compared to LA/OC.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
After 5 years of "raises", I make $10.97 an hour. The highest starting pay for a 911 company that I heard of was $10.60 at Schaefer. That was a few years ago when a buddy went to work there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
After 5 years of "raises", I make $10.97 an hour. The highest starting pay for a 911 company that I heard of was $10.60 at Schaefer. That was a few years ago when a buddy went to work there.

Riverside County AMR and San Bernardino AMR usually start off at 12.33/hr.