Cardiac Arrest Question?

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Patients in cardiac rest that do not receive CPR very quickly do not do well. CPR in a moving ambulance by one person cannot be done well. Put those together and the patient will not do well, hospital or not.
I know the importance of compressions and this particular scenario i still feel is difficult for an EMT to make a choice. With things like the lucas device, i think you could apply the device and transport. With a person, probably not. i guess it also depends on your system.

bizzy522

Forum Crew Member
If you are a paramedic unit then pull over and help your partner. If you are a BLS unit then notify dispatch and request a ALS intercept, pull over and assist your partner. At my service we pull over and initiate full ACLS algorithm unless its traumatic in origin.

evantheEMT

Forum Crew Member
Even working for only a transport company you just never know what's going to happen to your pt. Always be ready and do what you can but good job anyways.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Even working for only a transport company you just never know what's going to happen to your pt. Always be ready and do what you can but good job anyways.
Wut. Why do we always say good job when someone has a tough go at a critical call? Getting reamed because I couldn't figure some basic things out on a few of my first legit calls was way more useful than a pat on the back and a "you'll get em next time."

evantheEMT

Forum Crew Member
Wut. Why do we always say good job when someone has a tough go at a critical call? Getting reamed because I couldn't figure some basic things out on a few of my first legit calls was way more useful than a pat on the back and a "you'll get em next time."
Sorry you take offense to saying good job. God forbid we encourage others.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Sorry you take offense to saying good job. God forbid we encourage others.
When you don't do a good job, you don't get congratulations. You get educated so you don't do it again. Sometimes it's doesn't make people feel warm and fuzzy. Oh no.