Can there be bad instructor's?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
When I went thru CIEMT (granted this was back in 2012 lol) they provided all equipment including BP cuffs and stethoscopes, and like Day 0 of class was the AHA CPR for BLS providers so you can't not get their preferences CPR card lol
Try 2002, and it was the "School Of EMT"? And ya, I wanna say they provided all that jazz.

That and a stack of papers compiled from many random books put into a binder as our "book"...yeeep.

It sounds like they've come a ways though:).

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
559 is the area code for Porterville Vent ;)

OP, just wait till you have to spend around $1,200 in books alone for medic school. Welcome to being a grown up.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I didn't get the cpr card online, I got it through my fire tech class in high school that feeds into the academy. The same card was okay for multiple other people, but not me. The main reason why I was irritated at the instructor is because he had brought someone in that does CPR classes and let her advertise her class, then deems over half the classes cards invalid.
ok, so this I do have an issue with. If your current instructor recommended that you do your CPR class with person A, and then you do your CPR class with person A, and pass it, are given a card, and your instructor won't accept it (especially if others in your class have the same card and that card is being accepted), than I would be in the program director's office the next day demanding an explanation, because that sounds super sketchy.

But if you want to take a class at program B, than make sure you meet all of program B's requirements. if you want to take a class with program A, than make sure you meet all of program A's requirements. if you want to take a class at program A, but only meet the requirements for program B, well, that's an error on your part for not meeting the requirements of that particular program.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
559 is the area code for Porterville Vent ;)
And pretty much from Tulare Co. all the way up to Fresno Co., maybe more but I am not sure bout how far it goes up.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I would also like to add to my previous post to the OP, your training to be in Emergency Medical Services, while it shouldn't be this way your going to have to adapt, and your most likely not going to have the best gear, and if your an EMT-B you really shouldn't, you don't need a 500$ stethoscope. Bring alcohol wipes in your bag, use their stethoscopes for the 20 minutes you use them in labs, and move on. Remember, your emergency for a reason, you may be the nicest human ever but they most likely don't want to see you (excluding regulars).

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Try 2002, and it was the "School Of EMT"? And ya, I wanna say they provided all that jazz.

That and a stack of papers compiled from many random books put into a binder as our "book"...yeeep.

It sounds like they've come a ways though:).
I don't mean to put them down I know who ran the progtam and never had a complaint with their students who I had as many as a ride along.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk