Can I use ADN courses to meet EMT CE hours?

Desert Rat RN

Forum Ride Along
Hello,

I graduated from an ADN program while working as ER tech. Can my ADN program classes count towards my EMT CE hours? Thank you.

Summit

Critical Crazy
If it fits each category

OP
OP
Desert Rat RN

Desert Rat RN

Forum Ride Along
If it fits each category

I was thinking those ADN courses could be used for my state and local components. If so, how would I convert college units to CE units? Hmmm....

Summit

Critical Crazy
I was thinking those ADN courses could be used for my state and local components. If so, how would I convert college units to CE units? Hmmm....
It might even fit specific subjects you'll just have to read closely looking at your course syllabi versus what nremt is asking for. C e is one to one contact hour conversion for a college course there for one credit hour is roughly 16 Ce

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
The general answer is no, but the more specific answer is "maybe." You have to look at your course syllabi and see what parts of your courses fit the requirements of EMT recert. Not everything will fit so you'll have to be a bit proactive and show what portions fit, how many CE hours you got from those portions, and so on. The NREMT and state recert folks will usually accept non-traditional stuff IF you can show how it meets the EMT Recert requirements. If you simply try to say "I took this med/surg class, it's worth 40 hours..." they'll likely deny the request because you're trying to say that ALL of that course (non-EMT) meets the requirement. It won't. The reverse is also often true. You usually can't apply all your EMT CE to RN CE unless you can show how that EMT CE applies to RN stuff and that can be a bit tougher to do.