Ca state license questions.

chriso

Forum Crew Member
I received my packet for passing my NREMT with the card,certificate and patch. Now to my understanding I need to get certified in my state (CA) so how do I go about that and how long does this usually take?

OP
OP
C

chriso

Forum Crew Member
I thought I need to get my state license as well and doesn't it come with your EMT identification card? I'm also not sure if I will end up working in this county.

JPINFV

Gadfly
The state license is administered through the Local EMS Agencies ("County EMS"). Just in case there's confusion, that link isn't an ambulance service, but the government agency that oversees (including medical protocol and system policy) prehospital care for San Joaquan County.

Joe

Forum Captain
yea man when i got mine through kern they came in the same envelope

OP
OP
C

chriso

Forum Crew Member
Cool deal. I'll be getting mine squared away first thing monday. Knowing how CA is I'll be rocking the temporary license and the state license will come on day 45 lol

RealMedic

Forum Probie
Ca State license ?

In Cali ya got to get a state ticket then you have to get a county specific ticket. About $500. All this before ya can even turn a wheel and earn that low EMS wage. Each state has a cashectomy procedure for you to get certifed/licensure to go to work. Cali's is mucho expensive. It would be ok if the pay was comensurate. My 2 cents. Thanks