Bringing Food Your First Time Working?

Lyss

Forum Probie
On our frequently steamy-hot Southern nights, I like to run over to the Piggly Wiggly and get a couple boxes of Lemon Italian Ice cups (Luigi's?) for the crews. Very refreshing, sweet and (obviously) icy cold.

P.S. Yes, there is a store called Piggly-Wiggly. No one up North ever believes me. (Link)

Ahhh... the Piggly Wiggly. I miss that about the South. Another few years and I hope to make my way back again.

We have a medic that cooks a lot, she brings stuff from home and puts it in the fridge for us to munch on, or she'll cook a snack if she's hungry and set it out for everyone. I personally don't bring anything as far as a meal for anyone but myself. If we go out to eat then I'll buy for everyone, especially after a call, but being a college student I can't do that very often.

FYI if you go out on a relatively gruesome call and its your first trauma and they offer to buy you dinner.... RUN. Especially if they take you some place Italian. IE After an open skull fracture with spillage of brain matter they'll order spaghetti and meat sauce, and feed it to you. The smell of pasta still turns my stomach <_<

motownems

Forum Probie
FYI if you go out on a relatively gruesome call and its your first trauma and they offer to buy you dinner.... RUN. Especially if they take you some place Italian. IE After an open skull fracture with spillage of brain matter they'll order spaghetti and meat sauce, and feed it to you. The smell of pasta still turns my stomach <_<

hahahahahahaha
If you think you can handle it, do it. And ask for seconds. :):)

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
The donuts thing is a good idea.....I think I'll bring some when I get my first shift....and maybe some coffee. I think my wife will be the one sending along food to share on occasion which is just fine by me :wub: